Discuss which shower? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been to look at a job where the customer had an outbuilding which they intend to use to look after peoples dogs while on holiday and he has asked me to quote on supply of some track lights, couple of sockets, and the last one a shower. Now the supply is from a 32a 60898 mcb which is a bit worrying. Smallest kw shower i can find is 7.5KW but that will be drawing 32.6A and with lights on and say a heater plugged in surely it will take that mcb out. Anyone know of any smaller rated showers suitable at say 5kw - its only to wash down dogs after all!

cheers

you can get the 2kw handwash ones and put a shower hose and head on it but they are'nt much good for dog washing, i've got the same problem now but only a 20A to play with:eek:, there is a hot water supply from the house there so i'm kinda hoping i can just put in a pump and mixer, other than that its a new cable needed

you could always use an undersink water heater with a shower head via a tap if you get 15 ltrs of water heated 1kw or 2kw versions then it should work then you already have the water heated ,from cold it takes about 15 mins to heat the water

Reply to which shower? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Went back it a house after they upgraded shower to a 9.8kw, pulling 40a constant. We had wired it with 10sq and 40a RCBO. 10sq Neutral cable...
Replies
Views
hi everyone, I'm in the process of converting an outbuilding into a granny annex which will have an electric shower installed I've been told...
Replies
Views
At a bread and butter job, loose socket, socket not working, change two lights. Sticking out rather like a sore thumb was this (I removed the wire...
Replies
Views
Hi All, looking for some assistance on this as finding different information wherever i look. We have a garage external to the house, which we...
Replies
Views
The earthing arrangement where the hot tub will be installed is formed in the TN-C-S system. I want to install the sub-main distribution circuit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock