Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Which solar course?

Discussion in 'Solar PV Forum' started by Zdb, Aug 7, 2018.

Discuss Which solar course? in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Zdb

Zdb Regular EF Member

Looking at doing a PV course next and was wondering which is the best (most recognised) one to take?

Getting confused on the C&G website by all the different course codes. 2399-?

Thanks

2. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    from what i saw recently the city and guilds course is not being run in most centres as it is being rewritten to keep it up to date, there is another course by bpec that is run by most centres as an alternative and covers the same stuff. a bit like eal quals verses city and guilds.
    Solar Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Installer (SPV) in Renewable Energy, Water & Gas | PPL Training - https://www.ppltraining.co.uk/training-course/renewable-energy-water-and-gas/renewable-energy-installation-and-maintenance/solar-photovoltaic-solar-pv-installer-bpec-accredited

3. Zdb

Zdb Regular EF Member

Thanks, Gavin.

I'm not sure whether to do a BPEC course or wait for the City and Guilds to be updated.

One of my certs is EAL and it just looks out of place next to all the others.