Discuss Which solar course? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Zdb

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Looking at doing a PV course next and was wondering which is the best (most recognised) one to take?

Getting confused on the C&G website by all the different course codes. 2399-?

Thanks

from what i saw recently the city and guilds course is not being run in most centres as it is being rewritten to keep it up to date, there is another course by bpec that is run by most centres as an alternative and covers the same stuff. a bit like eal quals verses city and guilds.
Solar Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Installer (SPV) in Renewable Energy, Water & Gas | PPL Training - https://www.ppltraining.co.uk/training-course/renewable-energy-water-and-gas/renewable-energy-installation-and-maintenance/solar-photovoltaic-solar-pv-installer-bpec-accredited

Thanks, Gavin.

I'm not sure whether to do a BPEC course or wait for the City and Guilds to be updated.

One of my certs is EAL and it just looks out of place next to all the others.

I can't believe that City and Guilds still haven't come up with a new Solar PV course since discontinuing the 2399.

I've looked into BPEC but they are only for domestic installers and need renewing every 5 years.

Anyone know of a decent (recognised) PV course that covers commercial and doesn't need to be renewed?

Reply to Which solar course? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi wondering if you could help with some advice Been running an Essex/suffolk based electrical firm for last 20 years, mainly light commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're looking at installing solar at a remote property which is on a TT system with out buildings supplied with underground cables (Stables...
Replies
Views
I'm considering doing a solar pv and battery storage course in the new year. Having done some research I've found several different awarding...
Replies
Views
Im looking how to do the Exam only as YOUTUBE is dam good course i paid for ONLINE course and EXAM but the ONLINE Course was Rubbish and got...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock