Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss which Testing & inspection-scheme should i join? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. einstein

einstein Active EF Member

other than price, whats the difference between them?

niceic
    stroma
    napit
    elecsa

thanks in advance :D

2. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    Nothing much they are all after your money, oh and they are not a testing and inspection scheme they are all competent persons schemes

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LankyWill

LankyWill Guest

There called scams not schemes:) niceic are popular and some local authorities require you to be part of that particular body to work on council properties or premises. If your not concerned with the council Napit are mid range and not too pricey.

4. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    Do you have the relevant qualifications and experience to belong to one of these schemes?

5. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Trusted Advisor

NICEIC approved contractor for me as they are the most recognised.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

they are not allowed to discriminate!

7. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Trusted Advisor

no but some off them do. IMO is it worth it having to explain yourself that your CPC is much of a muchness...when you could be tendering against someone else who's an approved contractor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

Discrimination is treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing is perceived to belong to rather than on individual merit.

9. buzzlightyear

if that the case go and tell the local community's secretary or go to the European court of law .

10. burnzybubbles

burnzybubbles Active EF Member

This, it's the most recognised, to the average joe and most of the average joe's trying to run building sites these days, they will wrongly assume the others are a bit Mickey Mouse.

11. Ian1981

Ian1981 Electrician's Arms

We'll be out of Europe soon so it's a no go :D

12. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Do you mean a Part P scheme?

13. SparkySy

SparkySy Regular EF Member

I would have to say Stroma we had our annual inspection yesterday it took 3 hours, chap couldn't have been nicer and was a retired sparky spent more time talking to him about jobs than the inspection. I was with Elecsa for 9 years and before that napit for 3. for what you pay there is no difference! I just like my money to stay in my pocket!
    Sy

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1