Discuss Which type of cable do i need in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

hamd01

-
Reaction score
Hi all,
Firstly I'm a DIYer, but not an electrician. Ive had a good google, but struggling to find an answer.

I have installed some outdoor LED string lights. These to be exact;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078RFNRPF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The cable is 2 core.
Electronic Transformer Power: 5W
Input Voltage: 100-240V, ~50/60 Hz
Output Voltage: 5V, 1A

What I need to do is extend the cable by 10 meters (outside) before the plug, as the nearest power outlet is 10 meters away.

Ive searched and searched but cant find any cable which is specified for 5w / 1amp

I wonder if anyone can advise which cable I should use for this job?

do you want to extend the 240V cable or the 5V cable?

dam ,and I thought it was going saw well .:rolleyes:

"so well" mate...not "saw", and it's "Damn" not "dam" :)

Managed to get an answer offline....seems the most effective way is going to be to extend the mains cable by way of an outdoor extension lead.

Very simple solution, but thought I'd box off the thread in case it helps any of you in future. Bye.

...and a cheap,attractive,tow-ball protector,can be made,using an old tennis ball,with a cross cut in it...:)

Reply to Which type of cable do i need in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys, I am just changing my plug top oven over & gas hob and noticed the following: 32AMP Breaker > 6MM Cable > Cooker Switch 45a > 4mm cable...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Wondered if someone could advise as not good with electrics! I have an expensive Xmas tree which is pre lit. It decided not to light...
Replies
Views
Firstly, I hope it is ok to discuss the wiring of speakers here. TBH my ignorance in all things electrical knows no bounds, and I am guessing it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, my whole post got deleted so time to write again. I am used to wiring indoor lights but need some help for outdoor. We are putting in 4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am from UK and having a very basic knowledge in home electrical systems. I would like to replace my traditional 2 gang switch (which...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock