Discuss who is doing all the pv work in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PMS

hi all, been out of the pv game since last year (just after major cutbacks and jobs stating to disapear etc), does anyone know who is doing most of the pv work that is still happening . such as the energy companies, national companies etc , rent a roof, small companies, and where is this work domestic, commercial, solar farms etc your info be appreciated guys, cheers

hi all, been out of the pv game since last year (just after major cutbacks and jobs stating to disapear etc), does anyone know who is doing most of the pv work that is still happening . such as the energy companies, national companies etc , rent a roof, small companies, and where is this work domestic, commercial, solar farms etc your info be appreciated guys, cheers
Germans, Chinese, Japanese, Indians......

There is allegedly a bit of a last minute rush going on in the farmscale stuff before the ROCs are reduced, but we don't currently go anywhere near that.

I was a little shocked to see that there were only around 25 x 4-10kW and 25 x 10-50 kw systems installed in the country per week for the last couple of weeks, though maybe that's just weather and christmas related. If that's the case, I reckon Worcester from these boards must be doing about 5-10% of them from the sounds of it.

@Gavin A, your probably right, we're fully booked for the next 6 - 8 weeks, though our margins are pretty low, we are still running a proftable business. Going forward the holistic energy saving / green solution is becoming aked for much more often, plus referalls are key. Each time we meet someone that sees us working we spread the message that now is a good time to invest in PV as it will cost them so much less than before. Most are suprised at how little it will npw costs them and at least it starts them thinking again / talking about it. We haven't noticed any negativity or sour grapes about the drop in feed-in-tariff for prospective customers.. We also advise them to conatct a local installer and offer to put them in touch if they get back to us, rather than going for one of the nationals that are still trying to charge over the odds.

@Worcester, How do you manage to drum up so much business? Advertising? Flyers? I pride myself on top quality of work and every customer i have installed for is over the moon, but i cant seem to drum up any word of mouth opportunities, or even website hits, mainly Lead generation.

Do you have any secrets at all you can let slip? :)

See other threads - network / network / network, referalls / referalls / referalls, - I will attend shows, seminars, exhibitions to make and establish contacts (not to prey or pounce!). I also provide a lot of advise for free, as an example I had one phione call from someone in Cumbria the other day just asking for my advice and opinion, I spent 20 minutes on the phone with them, giving them the best advice I could and knowing that I won't be installing for them, their clsoing rem,arks were, "thanks you so much, if I come across / know anyone or family that is down your areas an is interesed I'll pass you details on and recommend you".

We don't advertise, we don't do flyers, we don't take leads from the lead generators..
We do pursue opportuinities where others fear to tread...

Don't get me wrong, it isn't easy and it takes hard work - got an iphone? download this for free ( https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/meet-greet-and-prosper/id443645063?mt=11 ) ...
Also check the Sun Lounge thread "Anything happeneing out there? (sic)

We've sold 15 installs since starting back after New Year....and have another five live quotes out...And, of course, margins are tight....but there are only two of us....and over heads are low....

But there is definite interest....plus the average of our customer is coming down. Now selling to couples with young families.

That's the key thing - the market has changed, their motivation is different and hence their reasons for buying are diffferent.

Reply to who is doing all the pv work in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net