Discuss Who is the Best British Prime mininister since the war? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Who is the Best PM in your view

• Anthony Eden 1955-1957

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alec Douglas Home 1963-1964

• Harold Wilson 1964-1970

• Edward Heath 1970-1974

• Harold wilson 1974-1976

• James Callaghan 1976-1979

• John Major 1990-1997

• David Cameron 2010-2015

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK - fair point, Thatcher wins.. ! - I do like these debates, cos quite frankly the electrical stuff is killing my last remaining brain cells. WTF arguing about how to argue.... Possible new debate - Marxism vs Capitalism

i vote for marxism. love them old films. groucho was a hero.

Just had a look at the poll results, ..... i have to admit i'm quite amazed the number of people that voted for Maggie!! A Prime Minister that caused the most harm to the working class public (as well as the country as a whole) while ensuring the wealth of the rich and wealthy increased exponentially....

And then accuse that Blair was the King of SPIN!! It seems she sure pulled the wool over more peoples eyes, for a damn sight longer than anyone else has ever managed!!

Thats because a few of the guys here, not all but a few watch sky news and read the sun, both heavily tory bias, they believe what they read and cannot think for themselves, even though Farage is now coming across as a racist they still love him as well, shocking.

Thats because a few of the guys here, not all but a few watch sky news and read the sun, both heavily tory bias, they believe what they read and cannot think for themselves, even though Farage is now coming across as a racist they still love him as well, shocking.

No mention of the Daily Mail then!!!

I always thought it was Labour voters who couldn't think for themselves you hear it all to often that Labour is the party of the working man so vote Labour at least I'm not led by that one

Last edited:

hum. The mask is slipping off UKIP now and they are just like the rest

could have done much worse than maggie. what if that multi-millionaire capitalist loony left derek hatton had been pm? he could have set the country back years. he did more than enough damage to liverpool before he was kicked out.

could have done much worse than maggie. what if that multi-millionaire capitalist loony left derek hatton had been pm? he could have set the country back years. he did more than enough damage to liverpool before he was kicked out.

You'd have to really go some to come anywhere near your Maggie's record. So did Maggie, only she didn't stop at just one city, she damaged the whole country!!

what, by rescuing the country from the biggest recession since the 30's? privatising dinosaur industries to become efficient? i'll remember till my dying day my business almost going bust in 1976 due to BT taking a whole month to repair a water damaged underground cable. after maggie, that would have been fixed same day. afraid we have to cordially disagree here, andy."while i may disagree with your political beliefs, i'll defend to the death your right to express them". think that was oscar wilde. lol.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall(wrote under the pseudonym Stephen G Tallentyre), usually wrongly attributed to the philosopher Voltaire.

No mention of the Daily Mail then!!!

I always thought it was Labour voters who couldn't think for themselves you hear it all to often that Labour is the party of the working man so vote Labour at least I'm not led by that one
No that is a comic

what, by rescuing the country from the biggest recession since the 30's? privatising dinosaur industries to become efficient? i'll remember till my dying day my business almost going bust in 1976 due to BT taking a whole month to repair a water damaged underground cable. after maggie, that would have been fixed same day. afraid we have to cordially disagree here, andy."while i may disagree with your political beliefs, i'll defend to the death your right to express them". think that was oscar wilde. lol.
you mean by selling them all off at knock down prices and then the new owners lay off tens of thousands of people who no longer pay tax but claim benefits instead, yes tory britain works for the rich alright chuckle.

Yes thats right, except the scottish --- did it to rescue the banks and the economy from crashing, the Tories do it to con the country into thinking the economy is growing, both are dildos.

Very selective memories at work again here, me thinks!!

Sold to the public at knock down prices on the premise that the general public should become shareholders in the country. They were, up until the the first day the shares came to the stock exchange. 70% of them being sold on that first day and another 20+% over the following days. Who bought those shares on the open market, the very people they were always destined and planned to be sold to, and even though the share price increased, they were still under priced. The realistic share price not being seen for around 3+ weeks after that first day. Exactly the same happened at every sell off. The public made a few bob on the maximum number of shares they could buy (200 as far as i remember) and the BIG money buying and selling by the 1000's by the those that snapped up all the knocked down shares being sold by the man in the street that had no interest in the shares (apart from making a bit of quick profit) from the get go!!

BT, BG, as well as others had never lost money, far from it in fact they were highly profitable public companies....

Very selective memories at work again here, me thinks!!

Sold to the public at knock down prices on the premise that the general public should become shareholders in the country. They were, up until the the first day the shares came to the stock exchange. 70% of them being sold on that first day and another 20+% over the following days. Who bought those shares on the open market, the very people they were always destined and planned to be sold to, and even though the share price increased, they were still under priced. The realistic share price not being seen for around 3+ weeks after that first day. Exactly the same happened at every sell off. The public made a few bob on the maximum number of shares they could buy (200 as far as i remember) and the BIG money buying and selling by the 1000's by the those that snapped up all the knocked down shares being sold by the man in the street that had no interest in the shares (apart from making a bit of quick profit) from the get go!!

BT, BG, as well as others had never lost money, far from it in fact they were highly profitable public companies....

Yours as well !!!!!

Reply to Who is the Best British Prime mininister since the war? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net