Discuss Who is the best Electrician in the UK? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Buzz Bar

I have met many electricians, some of who appear to be good and some of who clearly don't have a clue. My question is: Who is the best Electrician in the UK and how can this person hold this title?

Jurassic Sparks - bending conduit with a block of wood and stripping Pyro with a screwdriver. Had a chalk board in the back of his van for wiring schematics and had the patience of a saint when dealing with know it all apprentices. Articulate. Well Dressed. Also had Jedi Powers

With a post like that Kenny, Jurassicsparks has my vote too.
Close the thread and dust off the medal. Oh and let him know - it may be his 'Bridge' evening!

I can eat a doughnut without licking my lips..... does that count???

Criterias?
I would say this person needs to be up to date with and have a good understanding of the regs but doesn't need to know the section on IT systems or non conducting locations.
They need to look upon their installations as in service working pieces of art.
Don't necessarily have to be the quickest but need to work efficiently.
Needs to be able to do a decent saddle set in 25mm galv and fabricate a 45 out of a length of 100x100 galv.
Needs to know the difference between a pair of snips and a pair of cutters.
And won't cut corners or mind staying late to get the job finished even if it means missing their flight for a week in Skegness.

Criterias?
I would say this person needs to be up to date with and have a good understanding of the regs but doesn't need to know the section on IT systems or non conducting locations.
Needs to be able to do a decent saddle set in 25mm galv and fabricate a 45 out of a length of 100x100 galv.
And won't cut corners or mind staying late to get the job finished even if it means missing their flight for a week in Skegness.
sounds just like you Buzz lol

Criterias?
in my day, only rich people flew anywhere and you went to skegness on a lambetta with 200 mirrors on the front and a mini-skirted piece of totty on the back.

Reply to Who is the best Electrician in the UK? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net