Discuss Who regularly uses an Infrared camera on electrical and building surveys to detect problems? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I routinely use I.R. imaging to look at control panels. I use a Fluke Ti9 I.R. camera. they can be very useful for spotting problems before they cause a break down. I also used it to check that the cavity wall insulation was evenly spread out !

From yesterday, i now have access to a Flir ir sensor and will be using it for the first time on a commercial EICR on Monday.

We also use them as part of ongoing, predictive and preventitive maintenence programs on control and distribution panels. Also on motor bearings etc. It's pretty rare in my neck of the woods to see domestic sparkies using them though.

12M Pm of every bloody panel , board and Swbd on the rig. All HV transformers( viewing windows) use a flir thermal imaging camera. 3 yrs down the line we still find faults using it.
Has been pretty useful in that regard. All motors and generators have vibration analysis points. This also is a Massive pain in the --- but should prove useful in the long run( assuming that we dont lose our contract first and end up cold stacked like 90 percent of our fleet)

We used to use them and I can see their uses to spot bearing problems and the like, but for electrical work, in my opinion they are nothing short of a gimmick. This started years ago as some way of getting around PIRs, never caught on and we ditched them years ago.

Reply to Who regularly uses an Infrared camera on electrical and building surveys to detect problems? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all, Just a quick question, I am an electrical maintenance engineer and have 18th edition, inspection and testing and so on, so I get...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Home Security: Using Floodlights, CCTV, and Door Entry Systems In an era where technology is advancing rapidly, home security has...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 3phase shop in a high humidity area in (Hawaii) and I'm having some issues with low voltage on the single phase outlets on the 120v...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock