Discuss whos will be renewing there MCS & real ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mine comes up in march,If I get hardly any leads from Dec onwards than I shall F#%K it off, I may come back to in the future who knows, but I have wasted far to much of time which you never get back.
Next year I might go on holiday and spend some time with the family like normal people instead of working like a mr hunt and for what?

We will but partly as its for solar hot water too. Looking forward to a quieter Christmas than we expected though (and a VAT repayment in the new year!)

I doubt it. I'm already disillusioned, I will have had quite enough by the time I've survived november considering the expected supply shortages.

If it wasn't for the EPC rating from next April, I may have given it one last coat of looking at. As it is I can't see a viable business model without using the cheapest products and installing on south facing roofs without shade. Then the house will need to be modern with condensing boiler etc etc.

All this means there will be few installs that will need even more time to quote, and there will be less up take because of EPC.

At least this may get rid of all the rent a roof and drill the roof brigade.

Seems like it's going to be a classic race to the bottom with regards quality of equipment. There's no way you could make it pay using best quality kit. And check out the warranties on some of those cheap chinese/korean panels. They say they will replace unit if output drops by more than 20% but reduces the ammount by 4% per year they have been installed so if the performance dropped off after say 15 years you could maybe recoup 40% if your lucky. where does that leave the customer? A bit like cheap LED bulbs, is anybody really going to return them if they fail after say 20,000 hrs rather than the quoted 50,000. It's just not been thought through.

mine coming up soon so will probably renew, but with the parasites all wanting their money (elecsa, gemserve, rea) it's not cheap
how many organisations do you actually need to run a scheme!!!

We will renew but it is pretty clear that a huge amount of firms will not. I feel sorry for the customers that will be left with no support for their systems.

Reply to whos will be renewing there MCS & real ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net