Discuss Why are these words so expensive in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
£254.00 (Zero Rated)

This part of BS 5266 gives recommendations and guidance on the factors that need to be considered in the design of and the installation and wiring of the electrical emergency lighting
At the end of the day its ink and paper so why the ludicrous price

when considering this

Code of practice for design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of fire detection systems in non-domestic premises.
£64.00 (Zero Rated)
from the NICEIC shop no less and members prices to boot someone somewhere is taking the bodily recycled lager
P

Or force smaller outfits into not buying the guides, which is worse deliberate exclusion tactics or sod it one is as bad as the other the schemes should step up here and do the honorable thing

Any book is only ink and paper the same as music and songs.
But it's the effort that goes into it in the first place.

Almost all B.S documents are that expensive.
Once you start to need a few it's cheaper to subscribe to an online service for B.S.

The trade would be wise to question the prices charged for BS7671 - BSI PAY the IET to do them and then IET make over £10 million per cycle of regs.

BS7671 can't cost more than a tenner per copy to produce and none of the profits benefit the trade - it is just a cash cow to service the IET pension schemes.

All publications are priced depending on likely circulation. Many "print on demand" publications are priced on actual cost of printing plus a small mark-up, so they are cheap(er) and thus likely to sell more copies. if you go on amazon, some wonderful old titles can be bought for a tenner, yet the price of an original can be hundreds. I bought an original first edition book for £650, then found the print on demand version at £17.50...but I prefer the original as it feels and smells like a proper book. However, for quick reference, or if out in the wilds, I use the cheap one, obviously.
The guide to the 18th amendment is a case in point...how many will they sell? The cowboys won't buy it due to the cost, the professionals will buy it because they want to be up to date and to be seen to be so, and, sadly, for a DIY man, I am getting one for christmas from my wife...because I want to learn, and be informed...and while I won't use 90% of it, I'll learn more and understand more, question more, research more, and therefore my "hobby" will be more fun.
Sad, I know...
I should get out more!

Sign up to an online Uni for some course in basket making or English studies and enjoy full access via the BSOL libary (if the Uni is subscribed to BSOL) to download and do as you please with...

Or ask one of the many students on here to get you a copy

On the bsol point the scheme provider should make this option available to members, a issue I may pursue thanks to the poster, I was not aware of that

Reply to Why are these words so expensive in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock