Discuss Why do some customers stand 6" behind you? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It's not uncommon for people to leave you alone with a strategically place pile of cash somewhere....clearly a trap. It is extremely off putting though when someone stands right on top of what you are doing, they always seem to appear just when it's going wrong and you are struggling. On the plus side though in the summer I was at a real sorts house up a pair of steps and she insisted on standing right below chatting in a pretty loose fitting dressing gown, the view was a major distraction.

It's not uncommon for people to leave you alone with a strategically place pile of cash somewhere....clearly a trap. It is extremely off putting though when someone stands right on top of what you are doing, they always seem to appear just when it's going wrong and you are struggling. On the plus side though in the summer I was at a real sorts house up a pair of steps and she insisted on standing right below chatting in a pretty loose fitting dressing gown, the view was a major distraction.
Did you "accidentally on purpose fall off the ladder"?

My girlfriend used to work in a company where the interns where located on the mezzanine floor and it the summer it would get hot up here and they would end up in shorts and bikini tops, she was surprise at how trades men where so forgetful and would return looking for the tools they left behind........

I remember, donkeys years back, working on a CU low down with a great dane sat behind me, looking over my shoulder. Thought about taking him on as an apprentice but his dexterity let him down a bit.
Maybe, if they'd have had DI's then, I might have had a change of heart. :) ;)

Last edited:
A few years back I had an old fella stand watching me work in his bungalow when he says "I've noticed you have small feet" wtf?
A little while later he says "Can I show you this" double wtfo_O He proceeds to show me the restraining straps he had fitted to the head and foot of his bed:eek: I tightened up and finished rather quickly after telling I was married with kids.

Had some interesting times working in peoples homes but that, well that was simply weird:D

Many years ago was talking to some other self employeds re just being left in people's houses and the little piles of cash thing, one bloke used to keep change in his van so he could add to each pile just incase the customer was leaving 'traps'!

A few years back I had an old fella stand watching me work in his bungalow when he says "I've noticed you have small feet" wtf?
A little while later he says "Can I show you this" double wtfo_O He proceeds to show me the restraining straps he had fitted to the head and foot of his bed:eek: I tightened up and finished rather quickly after telling I was married with kids.

Had some interesting times working in peoples homes but that, well that was simply weird:D
Reminds me of one female customer who had almost see through white leggings on with bright red thong underneath.
She had a very low cut top with it all on display and kept finding reasons to bend over right in front of me when working.
Wouldn't have been so bad but she was wrong side of 40 and not in the best of shape!
Couldn't wait to get out of there!! very much case of bunny boiler alert

Got a mate (wetpants) who once trapped the customers cat
Many years ago was talking to some other self employeds re just being left in people's houses and the little piles of cash thing, one bloke used to keep change in his van so he could add to each pile just incase the customer was leaving 'traps'!
im definitely doing that in future! Genius!

Obviously if an attractive lady shows an unusual level of interest in anything I'm doing that's fine. I assume she fancies me, and rightly so!!

:cool:

Congratulations I never knew you did charitable work in your free time for the RNIB, pat on the back time ;o))))))

Space invaders! I find farting silently and then looking at them in disgust gets rid of em!
Is that where you got your nickname Ken?

now that take me back again , I had just finish a job .had been under floor boards and now and again looking up through the hole the customers
head was virtually in side the hole to see what I was doing .
having finished the job he said I was watching what you was doing .
mmmm thought.so me gets out of the hole .boards down carpet down furnisher back .customer says to me .have you seen the cat .I said to the customer I thought a saw so thing run past me under their .
because it was pitch black and saw was the cat .
I found it funny the second time - must have been the practice!

Reply to Why do some customers stand 6" behind you? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net