Discuss Why JIB? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

source

Hi,
I was wondering what is the benefits of becoming JIB and If I don't will it only effect me if I choose to work on sites?
I do not have NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work so it would be a lot of effort for me to become this. Is it worth it?
Many thanks :rockon2:

I'm Jib and i havent a clue what the benefits are, i know back in the day used to get bupa healthcare and more but its been scrapped now for a while. My company pays our jib and we go for ecs tess every three years for our cscs hologram.. but mu company isnt a jib company lol

Thanks for the replies,
I am guessing you would have to be with JIB to get the ECS card? or is there any other means? proberly just stick with my CSCS card as I already have one. so far i am not really seeing the benefits of JIB apart from to look good towards company's. Then again your work should show that anyway.

I havent used my JIB card since i first got it in about 2001 i am only a 1 man band but its good to have as if it all goes ---- up being self employed you will find it easier getting a job with some bigger companies and agencys as if you havent got it they will try and get away with paying you as a trainee instead

in my opinion if its not too much aggro for you get it anyway and then you have it if you ever do need it

if the JIB still exists in the next few years that is!

ive got a JIB card, and ive been asked for it by every firm ive worked for since i qualified. As the industry is becoming saturated with labour, then the companies are looking for ways to narrow the candidates down, and ways to ensure thatthey are getting the best electricans for the job. One fo the ways that they beleive they can do this is with extra qualifications and tickets. Thats why you will see a lot more jobs asking for 2391, or IPAF ect.

IMO a JIB card is a must for industrial jobs, and probably commercial too.

most building sites require a CSCS card the JIB card falls into this it also has your qualifications on it as one stop proof

If your in the trade then you want the ECS card, sit the health and safety exam and send off for your card, depending on what qualifications you have will then decide on what JIB grading you get labeled on the card, as you pass further exams through your career renew your card to get your grading on the card upgraded

Reply to Why JIB? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net