Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Dan

Dan I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-) Staff Member

Morning lads. What do you have on today?

2. hightower

hightower Guest

I'm trying to figure out why my new Fiat Doblo's radio doesn't turn on and off with the ignition. It seems there's only a permanent live provided to the radio, no ignition live - anyone with a Doblo confirm this?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Good morning. A bit of a jobbing day for me.
    I'm off to do some domestic remedial work following an EICR plus some additional sockets... can't start till 11 though. Then I have some lights to repair in an office block I look after, fittings and appliances to disconnect for a couple that are moving house, visit a kitchen refurb to view progress, stock up for the rest of the week at the wholsalers, get some paperwork done, and if it can be arranged, some data networking work for a local printing firm out of hours.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    None
    Good morning HT nothing much on today, got to look at a building job for a lady friend, nooo not that sort of lady friend, I know what you're thinking.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

Good morning.
    I was going to say "mini skirt and boob tube" but I see you meant work related...... :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Barry White

Barry White Guest

Not familiar with the Doblo but the fiat 500 radio has a software option to stay on after the ignition is turned off and doors locked . (his stopped on 20 mins)
    this option is accessed by the screen controls .

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rpa07

Rpa07 3000 posts - only 50554 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Working 1/2 day meeting mentor at job after getting myself lost in my own city! I've only been here 49 years! Then afternoon at college having my NVQ appraised in front of the City and guilds audit blokey, so basically I'm doing the college a favour but I benefit. Quid pro quo?
    Good luck with those auto electrics @hightower@hightower - put wires in a car shell and they become a complete mystery!

• Like Like x 1
  8. hightower

hightower Guest

Yeah, this doesn't have that option unfortunately. Ignoring the block of 8 wires on the left (speaker wires), the right block has:

Blue (Seems to go live with ignition) - wired in to a port marked +15
    Black (Ground) - wired in the port marked GND
    Yellow/Blue - controls the dim level on illumination, correctly wired
    Red/Green (Permanent live) - wired in to a port marked BU

I'm thinking the Blue and the Red/Green need swapping - there's an ignition live after all but it's not doing anything to help matters the way it's currently wired. I've managed to get the Red/Green out the ISO block, but the blue is proving trickier. What's peoples thoughts? Swap them and see what happens?

20160824_094441.jpg

20160824_094447.jpg

9. hightower

hightower Guest

Could be a goer - 7 on block A currently hosts the blue (ignition live), 4 hosts the red/green (perm live)
    [​IMG]

10. Barry White

Barry White Guest

Fiat wiring and radios you usually haveto swap the red and yellow in the iso conector adaptor supplied ( the original colours of the fiat differ) with the after market radio if its an aftermarket radio you have hit the nail on the head. (it wont damage anything to try it either as long as you have the radio code) usually all that happens is you lose presets or radio dont turn off depending on model

• Like Like x 1
  11. hightower

hightower Guest

It's not aftermarket, but my suspicions are it used to have an aftermarket and it was swapped for that, the original was put back in to sell the vehicle but the connections weren't swapped back. I'm not sure if I have the radio code, but I've already disconnected the connector block from the radio so too late to worry about that now. I'll give it a go anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  12. hightower

hightower Guest

And bingo, managed to release the blue from the block, swapped them around and now the radio works in line with the ignition! Buzzing because that was quickly getting me irritated (getting half way out the van before realising the radio was still on)

• Like Like x 3
  13. hightower

hightower Guest

Ok so radio turns off with the ignition now, but it's still a manual switch on. Also when I switch on now it goes to radio even if I last had it on cd. I'm guessing it's losing its memory. Any ideas what to try next?

14. Dan

Dan I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-) Staff Member

Morning lads. I'm guessing some kids have gone back to school today.

15. GMES

GMES Chief Gorilla Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Fishnets, high heels a gimp mask and a Boner, how about you Pal :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3