Discuss Why prices for different colour junction box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sham

-
Reaction score
Ordering some junction boxes and the white 30A is cheaper than the Black one. Why ?. They are same brand and both three way.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/search?search=30A+Junction+box+

Ordering some junction boxes and the white 30A is cheaper than the Black one. Why ?. They are same brand and both three way.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/search?search=30A+Junction+box+
The black one is Heavy Duty HD The white one isn't?

That's a very interesting point ................. I would say extremely rarely ...... maybe the OP could enlighten us ?
Friend getting radiators fitted, found cables in connectors wrapped in insulation tape. The heating engineer convinced him they are dangerous and need to be in junction boxes.

IMG-20181019-WA0016.jpg

Reg.526.3 Every connection shall be accessible for inspection, testing & maintenance...
I know that, but that bit if wiring was already on connectors wrapped in tape. Anyway I went down it's lighting cables near a spot, so it is assesible. Put them in wago connections and Chuck box, so it can be pulled through the spot hole.
If it was not accessible I would prefer to use junction box. I don't feel yet, wago has been around long enough for me to trust them.

Bloody hell, never knew this. I like using 5A junction boxes for spot lights.
So what is used for spot lights.
for spotlights you can use screw terminal junction boxes...You still can’t use the small junction boxes you’ve linked to for downlights because there is no strain relief . For downlights that you cant loop in and out of then you could use these Google Shopping - Product not found - https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?q=hager+j501&safe=strict&client=safari&sa=X&hl=en-dz&biw=320&bih=454&tbs=vw:l,ss:53&prmd=simvn&prds=num:1,epd:5718562672038894077,paur:ClkAsKraXwwlQpciS9k11gYF510zIW6FMhq69hGjegV8lZ6b975okegQwahNBRJhBZNkUQOj02JO--9jQ7TsB2T6j1wow6vwWYsucrmt7LTc3cwqYnTICbULThIZAFPVH71wWdFXVMLrPIuokX7b_twLTWmyoA,prmr:1,pid:5718562672038894077,cs:1&ved=0ahUKEwj5zaP6n5PeAhXqAcAKHWCyCckQgjYI1AQ the reason you can use these is because they have a strain relief clamp and are accessible by pulling the down light out. Anything that’s not accessible then you need to use something like the J803 linked to earlier because they are labeled MF which is maintenance free. They are MF because of the push fit, constant pressure terminals.

The JB’s you’ve linked to are only really any good where they are accessible, can be screwed down and where you can clip the cables that enter them giving the required strain relief...One example could be for under cupboard lighting.

Last edited:

Reply to Why prices for different colour junction box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net