Discuss Wickes flat drill bits in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rocker

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Wickes' new style flat wood drill bits (the black ones) seem to be top drawer. Forgot my DeWalt set yesterday so had to get a temporary set from wickes - cost a tenski for a set I think it was a 9, 13, 16, 19, 25, 32, and a mini tool roll to keep them in, and the 25 flew through joists with hardly any pressure applied. Don't know how long they'll stay sharp, but the are the best flat bits I've used and they are black! And cheap!

Re the black set - they are the same bits but that isn't the set, the tenner set come with a little soft pouch like on the Bosch set.

Re the bosch set - they look like my dewalt ones - the edges of the spade point forward which is cool I guess. The wickes ones, though, have the corners of the spade cut at 45 degress which I think is the defining factor, they just seem to go through with a lot less resistance.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Wickes' new style flat wood drill bits (the black ones) seem to be top drawer. Forgot my DeWalt set yesterday so had to get a temporary set from wickes - cost a tenski for a set I think it was a 9, 13, 16, 19, 25, 32, and a mini tool roll to keep them in, and the 25 flew through joists with hardly any pressure applied. Don't know how long they'll stay sharp, but the are the best flat bits I've used and they are black! And cheap!

Do you know what Rocker old son? We could do with more posts like this. Now, I know that one man's meat is another man's poison but I think little posts like this will help 90% of us out.
So thanks mate.

Reply to Wickes flat drill bits in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

D
Looking for wood drill bits BOSCH 13 Pce 10mm - 32mm Wood Self Cut Flat/Spade Speed Drill Bit Set,2608587010 | eBay liked the Bosch ones last...
Replies
Views
D
Am looking for a good made of Bits, Drill bits mainly For Mason the Dewalt Extream has impressed Just wonder about Wood and Holesaws Did have a...
Replies
Views
joehat
J
Really impressed with these Dewalt Dt4762-qz Extreme Flat Bit 10mm Wide, 152mm Long I got one for drilling joist for an alarm cable run, old...
Replies
Views
jaypp
J
E
For sale is my Bosch GSR18V-LI Lithium Ion drill/driver in carry case. 2 months old with reciept & remaining 34 months warranty. It is in...
Replies
Views
eskimo39
E
E
Hi guys I have been using a Bosch 710w corded SDS drill for about 3 months now for drilling joists but am finding on older joists it just keeps...
Replies
Views
billy110
B

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock