Discuss WIFI powerline extenders in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Have used Solwise for years now, they work fine, albeit my version is now obsolete, but I have spares bought in the sale-off. They run my desktop PC, my TV/Freeaat/Now TV etc. Not the fastes on paper, but work fine for me...high-end gamers will need something faster.
I have had 2 failures in 7 years, so not bad...like routers, they are on and hot 24/7, so frankly you need to change them every 2 or 3 years, when the tech will have moved on, be faster and cheaper.
There are some on this forum who absolutely detest this technology, for good reason, but for gaius publicus, go for it!

I used some Netgear powerline adaptors. Suffered with internet drop outs, seems they can get affected by other items or devices plugged into the circuits, like phone chargers.

I went for a Devolo dLAN550 duo+ starter kit. Arrived quickly from Amazon and set up was literally plug it in off you go. Both TV and Xbox now on a wired connection. However, having been plugged in for 10 minutes I can already hear my son complaining that his Xbox has crashed!

Did you not launch the devolo cockpit and enter the ids so they are connected?

Did you not launch the devolo cockpit and enter the ids so they are connected?
There was nothing in the set-up instructions that mentioned. It just showed plug one into a socket and connect via LAN cable to router then plug the other downstairs and connect required devices by cable. It then mentioned pushing the touch button encryption on both sockets which I have done. Nothing else was mentioned.

There was nothing in the set-up instructions that mentioned. It just showed plug one into a socket and connect via LAN cable to router then plug the other downstairs and connect required devices by cable. It then mentioned pushing the touch button encryption on both sockets which I have done. Nothing else was mentioned.

I have had ours for a good few years, so they must have changed the set up ...

I use tp links for all cctv jobs unless there is an easy route back to the router, really good job never had any callbacks on them

I went for a Devolo dLAN550 duo+ starter kit. Arrived quickly from Amazon and set up was literally plug it in off you go. Both TV and Xbox now on a wired connection. However, having been plugged in for 10 minutes I can already hear my son complaining that his Xbox has crashed!

I presume that they are linked correctly then?
I don't have this make so I can't comment on how good they are.
I also have TP Link, like in the links I posted, and I don't have a problem with them.

Unplugged them both and started again and this time they seem to be working OK. Light on each socket is green and constant and both TV and Xbox connected again. The real proof will be when he has his early hours game of fortnite tomorrow morning.

Reply to WIFI powerline extenders in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net