Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Wiha driver set down to £15 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. curly

curly EF Member

2. Rpa07

Rpa07 2000 posts - only 46379 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Just not the slim fix type which are nice. When I bought the last set from Screwfix they were slimfix but had no Posidrive - seriously a screwdriver set without posidrive! I’ll get my coat!

3. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Come on! It's got one of the lovely electrical tradesman testers with it, gotta be a bargain.

4. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

They do this offer quite regularly and usually include the slimfix set on offer too. I think that one works out at about £20 on offer.

5. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

What set did you get ? The last slimfix set I got from screwfix had PZ1 and PZ2. Was yours a PH version or something ?

6. Risteard

Risteard Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Walsh Electrical Services
    Same here. And after checking the box there should have been, but for some reason they had all been replaced with slotted. I didn't open the set for quite some time after I had bought it so couldn't really bring it back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rpa07

Rpa07 2000 posts - only 46379 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Yeh, had PH instead but I’ve got enough of those to last my career.
    I guess I didn’t check the packaging as the price was right and had my eye on the slim fit for a while.
    The slotted are good and I’m pleased overall.
    Went back and bought a Pz2 singularly but still got it wrong and didn’t get a slim fit! Doh!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. curly

curly EF Member

It might well be I just remember seeing it £25 reduced to £15 I will update when I find out what ones.

9. curly

curly EF Member

So it was the set I linked to, just the normal ones not skin fit but all in all a good set for a good price

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i bought the 19 piece slims, interchangeable. has torx as well but not a PZ1.

11. Christopher Bernard

Christopher Bernard Regular EF Member

I bought this exact set from Screwfix for £24.99 not too long ago, but oh well :mad:

12. Tes369

Tes369 Regular EF Member

Very good set of drivers but like what's been said the slim drivers are better you need to keep cleaning the soft grip handles they get dirty quickly WD40 cleans them up a treat. Amazon is better than screwfix for tools.

# example stanley fatmax boat level £23.99 screwfix.. Amazon £11.99 this was a while ago mind but you get my point.

# The wiha tester terminal needs to go in the bin (I just don't like them). I remember the renegade electrical tutors at college taking the bulb out of theirs just so they could be seen using one even though there banned at college...$hit the bed lol..

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. NDG Elecs

NDG Elecs Electrician's Arms

The Wiha slims are top notch drivers IMO. My set from probably 15 months ago is all still in decent nick. Wera's lasted half that time.
    I was in a branch of Yesss a couple of weeks back. They were advertising a 6-7 piece slimfix set for £15.00 Inc VAT I think....only trouble was that the stand beneath this was chock full of the standard Wiha sets with no room for the slimfix. I think they were hoping no one would notice!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tes369

Tes369 Regular EF Member

The only problem with wiha slimline drivers is everyone nicks them no matter what colour tape you stick on them...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1