Discuss Wiha driver set down to £15 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

curly

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hi guys I was in Screwfix this morning and they had a sign up for a set of wiha drivers that were going down to £15 tomorrow, I believe it is the set I am posting linking to below but it may be a different one. Anyway it's a good brand at a decent price

Wiha SoftFinish VDE Screwdriver Set 7 Pieces - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/wiha-softfinish-vde-screwdriver-set-7-pieces/3072g

Just not the slim fix type which are nice. When I bought the last set from Screwfix they were slimfix but had no Posidrive - seriously a screwdriver set without posidrive! I’ll get my coat!

They do this offer quite regularly and usually include the slimfix set on offer too. I think that one works out at about £20 on offer.

Just not the slim fix type which are nice. When I bought the last set from Screwfix they were slimfix but had no Posidrive - seriously a screwdriver set without posidrive! I’ll get my coat!

What set did you get ? The last slimfix set I got from screwfix had PZ1 and PZ2. Was yours a PH version or something ?

Same here. And after checking the box there should have been, but for some reason they had all been replaced with slotted. I didn't open the set for quite some time after I had bought it so couldn't really bring it back.

What set did you get ? The last slimfix set I got from screwfix had PZ1 and PZ2. Was yours a PH version or something ?
Yeh, had PH instead but I’ve got enough of those to last my career.
I guess I didn’t check the packaging as the price was right and had my eye on the slim fit for a while.
The slotted are good and I’m pleased overall.
Went back and bought a Pz2 singularly but still got it wrong and didn’t get a slim fit! Doh!

i bought the 19 piece slims, interchangeable. has torx as well but not a PZ1.

Very good set of drivers but like what's been said the slim drivers are better you need to keep cleaning the soft grip handles they get dirty quickly WD40 cleans them up a treat. Amazon is better than screwfix for tools.

# example stanley fatmax boat level £23.99 screwfix.. Amazon £11.99 this was a while ago mind but you get my point.

# The wiha tester terminal needs to go in the bin (I just don't like them). I remember the renegade electrical tutors at college taking the bulb out of theirs just so they could be seen using one even though there banned at college...$hit the bed lol..

The Wiha slims are top notch drivers IMO. My set from probably 15 months ago is all still in decent nick. Wera's lasted half that time.
I was in a branch of Yesss a couple of weeks back. They were advertising a 6-7 piece slimfix set for £15.00 Inc VAT I think....only trouble was that the stand beneath this was chock full of the standard Wiha sets with no room for the slimfix. I think they were hoping no one would notice!

Reply to Wiha driver set down to £15 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net