Search the forum,

Discuss Will work for very little as an Electricians mate to gain knowledge. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

ElmoFireUp

I am asking around to see if anyone would be willing to take me on as an electricians mate or apprentice.

I have just started the City & Guilds 2330 Certificate in Electrotechnology Level 2 and 3 at OLCI Construction Training which is a distance learning course.

I have already paid all the course fees.

If you would be willing to set me on then I would work for very little money as it is the experience and practical knowledge that I am more interested in.

I am 28 years old and live with my Fiancee, 5 year old stepson and have another baby on the way in around 8 months.

I do have some knowledge of electrical work as I used to be a fire alarm engineer for a company called TFS.

If you could let me know if this would be of interest to you that would be great.

Cheers,
Carl.

Hi,

The total cost was £5850 which includes all exams and all the practical sessions.
You have 2 years to complete the course and then up to 5 years to complete NVQ Level 3 which is work based.

When complete I will have City & Guilds Levels 2 and 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology (2330), City & Guilds 2356 Level 3 NVQ Certificate, Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification (City & Guilds 2392-10), 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations, (City & Guilds 2382-10) and Solar Photovoltaic (PV) certificate.

Really good course but I really could do with getting a job with an Electrician as this will help me a great deal and give me better understanding of things.

Hi,

The total cost was £5850 which includes all exams and all the practical sessions.
You have 2 years to complete the course and then up to 5 years to complete NVQ Level 3 which is work based.

When complete I will have City & Guilds Levels 2 and 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology (2330), City & Guilds 2356 Level 3 NVQ Certificate, Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification (City & Guilds 2392-10), 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations, (City & Guilds 2382-10) and Solar Photovoltaic (PV) certificate.

Really good course but I really could do with getting a job with an Electrician as this will help me a great deal and give me better understanding of things.

local college would be much less than half in cost, and better training. dont know if its an option for you but thought id mention it.

I am based in Worksop Nottinghamshire but would be happy to travel to where ever. I looked into all my local colleges but none of the courses started until September and wanted to start as soon as possible.
The NVQ Level 3 is assessed when I am working for a company. They have said that once I have completed Level 2 then they will try and find me a placement. That's one of the things that is built into the price.
Really want to get straight into the industry as soon as I can which is why I have posted this.
Cheers.

Reply to Will work for very little as an Electricians mate to gain knowledge. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back