Discuss Wind Calculations in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MCS Renewables

Hi
Had our two day MCS audit this week. Three technologies produced two non conformances .

Solar PV and solar thermal ...no wind load calculations.

Having read the entire section on wind calculations I am still at a loss as to how to do the calculation and what to do with the figure when arrived at. ( Not to mention why ?! )

Any help or ideas or samples would be appreciated

Thanks

We had our structural engineer build a virtual property in his software (TEDDS) that was worse than the worst scenario we come across. We have uplift figures for all roof sectors.

The mounting system we use has been tested by BRE, so we have the failure and typical figures for each bracket.

Dividing one into the other gives us figures for configuration of mounting system.

Assessor well impressed on surveillance visit.

Dead load is unlikely to be an issue. Calc is easy.

Just watch old roofs or unusual structure/construction. That is when you need to consult your structural engineer.

It was working last night.

EDIT: I've just noticed my link is different to worcester's http://easy-pv.co.uk/index.php

All the other calculations seem to work for me but not the Windload calculations. I just put 1000 brackets in and still not enough. Maybe me somthing I am doing?

Even at 2kg/fixing it gives me a fail.

Wind Calculations Capture.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Thank you, been a great website all round, surprised by it not working, but the same for both me and my business partner.

Thank you for checking, thought it might :)

I have even tried it on a different computer. Do you mind showing me what you input? Do you have to work through all of the roof calcs or can you skip to the Windload calc on it's own. We have touch screens that allow you to skip through to windload by swiping.

Sorry for Slow reply, just done our local Fireworks. All very strange I have tried different computers and different browsers. It seems to calculate the total windload correctly it just seems to calculate the pullout force calculation it seems to throw up the anomaly. I can't see where it is going wrong.

Wind Calculations Capture 1.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Wind Calculations Capture 2.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Sorry for Slow reply, just done our local Fireworks. All very strange I have tried different computers and different browsers. It seems to calculate the total windload correctly it just seems to calculate the pullout force calculation it seems to throw up the anomaly. I can't see where it is going wrong.

View attachment 21289

View attachment 21290

For some reason it seems to be only putting 1mm as the screw penetration, despite putting 80mm in the dropdown box.

Reply to Wind Calculations in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock