Discuss Wind Load Calcs in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

BillJan

Has anyone out there got a simple spreadsheet to calculate wind loads on PV and ST panels. MCS are picking up on this more and more and I'm struggling to find something suitable.

There is stuff coming in 3rd Edition DTI guide. I have uploaded draft version 3.8 to the forum so it is in here somewhere. Have a look at pages 40-42 which shows the proposed simplified method based on Eurocode‐1 (BS EN 1991-1‐4). If you are feeling up to it you can find Eurocode 1 on-line. Schuco have also published stuff in one of their guides, from memory it is in German so you will need to use Google Translator if you don't speak it!

We carry out Desk Top Appraisals for the Static, Wind and where required Snow Loadings for Solar PV & Solar Thermal Installers. The reports we produce give both installers and clients the peace of mind that the structure can support the loadings as well as satisfying both MCS and Building control when required.

We are currently working with a large number of installers throughout the UK.

Our fee structure is as follows:

For a standard residential property the cost is £70
For a standard flat roof property the cost is £90
For a standard commercial property the cost is £90

We are continually checking our competitors prices and as far as we can establish we are the cheapest provider of this service.

I have attached our Roof Survey Information Form. In order for us to carry out the checks the form needs to be completed and returned with the relevant photos.View attachment Roof Survey Info Form.doc

If you require a sample of our reports please do not hesitate to email or call.

We are keen to help in any way we can. If you have any questions or require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Bryan McGrory
Company Director
[email protected]

07738 470 160

Reply to Wind Load Calcs in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock