Discuss Window regulator motor, how can these two please in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tamoshanter

Hi all
I am replacing a window regulator on Mercedes c class and unfortunately the way it connects to the cars wiring is different from the old one. How can i connect these two/marry them up without causing a problem in the system

Thanks

IMG_20140601_204612.jpgIMG_20140601_204559.jpg

pics are too small to see. basically, you have 3 wires. up, down and common. use a meter to see which is which when operating the button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi It is always easier to get the right part for the job this by far saves time and money if things goes wrong first of allHow many wires do you have comming from the switch.Check each of the wires with a voltmeter and work the switch to check them.once you have that done.Then wat i normally do is if i have volts 12 + comming from the switch only if you do importanti connect my old window regulator to a battery to start off and run a ground and a live to the window regulator and see what happens so you have an idea of what wires work the up and down. Just see how you get on.

Oh ya forgot to say be carefull testing window regulators as has been know cause serious injury to fingers if you get them caught in the mechanism.

2vhx14z.jpg 16m263k.jpg
Here are bigger pictures. Thanks for the replies, i really appreciate. Lost my job and finances are tight and had no choice but buy a second hand window regulator. I have already ordered a multimeter on ebay so i can follow your instrucfions and fix it. I must add myknowledge of eletronics is zero so please bear with me chaps. Really appreciate your help

Wrong in that they just have different connections otherwise they both work in on the w202 c class. I did explain circumstances I bought it under.

Wrong in that they just have different connections otherwise they both work in on the w202 c class. I did explain circumstances I bought it under.

Where is the old window regultor anyway you can take the old motor out and swap it over to the new window regulator without damaging the new window regulator the only way you will know is if you take the old window regulator apart first and see whats wrong with it any better pics of the two window regulators.

xkzn8n.jpg

34y740h.jpg
The old motor is working fine its the wire bit that got frayed and caught and was stopping the window going up and down. Cant exchahge motors as the hex bolts in different areas. It was only after I bought it I realised there are two versions of the motor pre face lift and post facfe lift:sick:

OK you have two wires on the old regulator which is basic so if you could uncover the two main feed wires going to you new window regulator and tap into them to get the motor going without doing any damage

rlf6mc.jpg

This is ghe plug that goes into the good regulator. its a shame the person cut the wires so close but i hope you guys can see them well enough to see which is the power feed etc

I do not think that will work in your car as I believe they work in totally different ways.
It is pointless just finding the power feed on your new one anyway, what could that do, make the window go up or down? Actually, I believe nothing would happen at all..

Best get back on tinternet and buy the right one..

I do not think that will work in your car as I believe they work in totally different ways.
It is pointless just finding the power feed on your new one anyway, what could that do, make the window go up or down? Actually, I believe nothing would happen at all..

Best get back on tinternet and buy the right one..

Going up and down would be success, no? Thats all the window does, it has no other settings like the newer Mercs

Going up and down would be success, no? Thats all the window does, it has no other settings like the newer Mercs
Basically you have two window regulators each one has a motor to drive the window up and down that uses two wires so if you can find the two wires that operates the motors you can connect your switch to it to operate the window.

If I used trial and error what's worst that will happrn?? Blown fuse or worse. Really wish I could simply buy moto3 with right two pin connection but at the moment I cant

If I used trial and error what's worst that will happrn?? Blown fuse or worse. Really wish I could simply buy moto3 with right two pin connection but at the moment I cant

Use two wires off a standard car battery and connect them to the window regulator and it might be a good idea to connect a small bulb to live terminal so that you wont do any damage to the cuircuit of the new window regulater.

Reply to Window regulator motor, how can these two please in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net