Discuss Wire from the blender caught fire, fuses tripped in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It should be, have a look in your local newspaper for electrical appliance repair outlets , they should be able to help, although in this throwaway structure we live in today it could prove to be difficult to find somebody capable.

Be cheaper to get a new one than have it repaired depends upon how much you value the blender.

Hi Tyler and Welcome to the Forum :)
Nice pic !
Question is, why did the lead fail? Did the lead get damaged at some point? Or is the blender faulty and it overheated the lead?

What would the cost be likely to be?
Difficult to say Tyler, but if it's coming close to the cost of a new one then bin it and buy new, get a quote before you agree to the repair though.

Basically the wire was sitting on a plate of an electric cooker, the cooker came on and the plate the wire was on happened to be on also, long story short, melted wire, loud bang, the end

The blender is a nutripro 1200 nothing extravagant but it's a good purpose made blender/juicer id like to keep or replace with another the exact same

Hi Tyler and Welcome to the Forum :)
Nice pic !
Question is, why did the lead fail? Did the lead get damaged at some point? Or is the blender faulty and it overheated the lead?
Melted on the hob is how I read it.
As Pete says, if you find an appliance repairer that has the tools (security screws probably present) or some brains and gumption to get over that problem the only thing to weigh up is the price of repair vs the price of asset.
All the best

Where abouts on the lead is the fault? I ask as it may be possible to shorten the lead to before the fault and just fit a plug.
not so much fun though. lead might then be too short to reach the hotplate.

Or use a joint similar to the ones being discussed yesterday on the washing machine flex thread. Cut back to undamaged cable and extend with new flex.

I was going give you a funny for that but Didnt want to encourage you!
I say, I say

What is the name of a Chinese woman with a food processor on her head?
Blender!

I’ll get me coat.

As already said, surely the flex could be shortened, job done.

Reply to Wire from the blender caught fire, fuses tripped in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock