• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss wire new kitchen ring socket & hob & central Heating - Hereford, HR1 in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This electrician job is going for grabs, please don't post contact details in this area of the forum. Use the forum messaging system instead.
A

Adryjaan

Want to make kitchen in new place and need to rewire...
Someone can advice me firstly if thats pics is ok??

o6fgp3.jpg

To the Central Heating will go 2.5mm
To the hob will be 6mm to double pole switch above worktop then to connection unit under worktop
all other will be on kitchen ring on separately circuit on consumer unit

Some questions:
1) OVEN can be on kitchen ring as showing on pic or should have separately circuit as well? some electrician told me its fine just to plug it into socket other one told me it have to be on own circuit...
2) aplliances like washing machine, fridge, oven supplied with plug, tumble dryer, microwave and dishwasher can be just plug in to ring socket? or should be connected firstly to switch socket? (on my old kitchen all have separately switch socket but i dont know if its option or mandatory...)
3) someone can say me what will be fair price for installing this kitchen?
I want to prepare it for electrician (want make holes and fix plates, make tunnels for cables, drop cables to all sockets) so then electrician can just connect all cables, test it and certificate...

If someone close Hereford can come advice and quote

Regards

1) OVEN can be on kitchen ring as showing on pic or should have separately circuit as well? some electrician told me its fine just to plug it into socket other one told me it have to be on own circuit...best on own circuit
2) aplliances like washing machine, fridge, oven supplied with plug, tumble dryer, microwave and dishwasher can be just plug in to ring socket? or should be connected firstly to switch socket? (on my old kitchen all have separately switch socket but i dont know if its option or mandatory...) FCU or 20A D/P switch above worktop is advisable for easy access isolation but not obligatory.
3) someone can say me what will be fair price for installing this kitchen? impossible to tell without seeing it and determining what accessories you want (plastic/brushed or chrome/etc.

you'll be hard pushed to find an electrician willing for you to do so much of the work. generally, letting you do the chasing and maybe assist installing cables is acceptable to most.

Regarding your oven plugging in.
It's is a recommendation only that any appliance/load 2kw or over is supplied via its own dedicated circuit rather than being plugged into the ring final circuit.
As it's a kitchen with a number of appliances being connected to the ring I would have the oven on it own dedicated circuit as telectrix has pointed out.

Op why do you require a 2.5mm to the boiler?
Or is it a water heater?

It is boiler...
I dont need really as i read its enough 1.5mm it should be fine 1mm too but at the moment in old kitchen is 2.5mm and it is only 3 meters from consumer unit so was thinking about 2.5mm

Reply to wire new kitchen ring socket & hob & central Heating - Hereford, HR1 in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net