• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss wire new kitchen ring socket & hob & central Heating - Hereford, HR1 in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This electrician job is going for grabs, please don't post contact details in this area of the forum. Use the forum messaging system instead.
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have few quotes already about sockets probably will be:

1st circuit: 6mm cable for induction hob
2nd circuit: 6mm cable for oven (6mm is not needed at the moment but maybe in future - electrician suggestion)
3rd circuit: will be central heating boiler
4th circuit: For all other appliances ring sockets

Think it be fine??

Someone can advise also if I need electrician to do celiling lights?
I read on many website "any electrician works in bathrooms and kitchen have to be done by electrician as is soecial places under part p" but on:
Building regulations approval - GOV.UK - https://www.gov.uk/building-regulations-approval/when-you-dont-need-approval
Is as not needed aproval
  • new power and lighting points, or changes to existing circuits (except around baths and showers)

For changing light by electrician i will get also certificate??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - depending on the hob 6mm is likely good and having a second circuit for ovens also supports this nicely as suggested.

All electrical works need to conform to BS7671 and Building Regulations, whether your Local Building folks need to see it or not. So my recommendation is have your Electrician do your lights and place the responsibility in one place - safe, certified and warranted.

Hi again, as I moving kitchen to other room and as stated above should be seperate circuit for oven, hob, and ring socket I dont have space to connect it directly to exist consumer unit:
wire new kitchen ring socket & hob & central Heating - Hereford, HR1 {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I have COOKER what its fine
I have sockets kitchen its fine
Needed space for HOB and SHED (I want add shed also)

One electrician said is not a problem and he can add "smoke detector & bell" to "LIGHTS DOWNSTAIRS" - to make a space for a HOB
He can also connect new "SHED" to "WATER HEATER" (water heater is not used anymore i have connected there 1 light in utility room where before was water heater)

Other electrician say is not good and he dont put 2 things in 1 circuit...

It will be fine if he connect circuits together or it is possible to run new cable from main switch directly to the consumer unit shed?
Cable can go directly to the shed or should be firstly connected to the MAIN consumer unit??

I asked last electrician about this he said it should be fine but he need to double check on some paperwork...

I mean put the cable from this switch, it is of course after electric meter...

wire new kitchen ring socket & hob & central Heating - Hereford, HR1 {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Of course shed consumer unit will be double pole protected:

As i said i asked few electrician they been in the house and everybody will connect it on different way!!
Thats why i just looking for advice....
Is problem to advice with this online??
I cant belive how everybosy want to do different things

^^ have you ever got the same answer from a group of Economists?

and yes people will have different approaches..... I ONLY give advise I'm happy with when I've seen a job first hand

Reply to wire new kitchen ring socket & hob & central Heating - Hereford, HR1 in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock