Discuss wireless alarm systems? Good ones in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

gardtec 595 with wireless detectors ( keypad and bell are hard wired ). complete kit with 6 wi-fi detectors is £209+ vat. all you need is cable. available from risco.co.uk based in rochdale.

you cant beat the yale type one if you want cheap and cheerful,does a job,diy friendly decent stuff.

cheers boys. Saw the yale one on screw fix with 4 pirs and 2 door contacts for £160 but though it was a bit amateurish as the control panel just plugged in and the bell box wasn't hard wired good price though.

I'll check the gardtec one out, cheers

cheers boys. Saw the yale one on screw fix with 4 pirs and 2 door contacts for £160 but though it was a bit amateurish as the control panel just plugged in and the bell box wasn't hard wired good price though.

I'll check the gardtec one out, cheers

well thats the whole point of wireless,if your going to hard wire the bell and keypad you might as well hard wire the lot..

hi might be worth looking at the risco agility panels very reliable easy to install and totally wireless bar mains for control box. good signal strength

Last edited by a moderator:
hi might be worth looking at the risco agility panels very reliable easy to and totally wireless bar mains for control box. good signal strength.
agree, but a lot more complex and expensive. risco tell me that you need a training course (1 day) on the agility.

well thats the whole point of wireless,if your going to hard wire the bell and keypad you might as well hard wire the lot..

I know what you mean with the yale totally wireless would probably be installed really quickly but thought the ones with the control panel to keypad and bell box were better, more professional. Noticed it also has a transformer plug on it for the control panel which is handy for someone whos not a spark and couldn't provide a fused spur for it.

the only thing i can say against the gardtec 595, is that it's a bit daunting initialising the setting up if you're not familiar with them. however, if you order one, ask for the full installer manual, and if you get stuck, their tech.help is a normal phone number (not a stupidly expensive call) and they are extremely helpful.

Reply to wireless alarm systems? Good ones in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock