Discuss Wireless Alarms - Views/Experiences etc in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Dzzi

Hi, The alarm forum seems to have no posts in it so im posting here instead sorry....

I just wanted to pick the collective Brain of the forum. My Dad has had to go into hospital and his house is now empty and i want to get an alarm fitted asap. I've been thinking about a wireless one as this would seem to be the easiest option.

If anyone has any thoughts comments or even recomendations i would be very gratefull

Thanks

Dave

risco do the gardtec595 panel as a kit including 6 wireless detectors of your choice for around £210 + VAT.. the ext.siren and keypad are hard wired.

Thanks Gents, quite a long and recent thread on this that i've just found, opinion seems a little divided, but a hybrid option looks like it might fit the bill at my Dad's cheers..

Agreed with Telectrix with the risco solution, I have fitted a few risco agility kits with few comebacks, but you will just have to remember wireless systems behave a little different to wired systems, just need a little patience.

It`s down to what level of protection your looking for, unless the wireless system your using boasts grade 3a or higher, it can be jammed. So its then down to cost.

Reply to Wireless Alarms - Views/Experiences etc in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock