Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Wireless switching advice in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. AceRimmer

AceRimmer Space cowboy

Business Name:
    Hugh fitzsimons & son
    Hi everyone looking for a bit of advice.A friends mum wants to add a wirless 2 way switch to an existing 1 way light ( nice wallpaper not wanting to chase walls) . I can get to the joint box but just not to sure what wirless switching is available and any good for job. Any advice welcome
    Thanks again

2. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

I thought with any *cough "intelligent" lighting you needed a neutral at the switch, as its your friends Mum I'd just walk away unless........

Smoke me a Kipper and all of that........

3. HandySparks

HandySparks Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Neish Electrical Services
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pirate

pirate EF Member

Totaly agree, these are the mutts nuts. No batteries, no remote control to lose! OK, the receiver module needs to be accesible to reset after a power failure, but many light fittings can accommodate them in the ceiling rose, or in a Wagobox pushed into the ceiling cavity. Pairing with additional switches is easy, so you can control the light from virtually anywhere. Not cheap, until you compare the cost of raggling, plastering and redecorating, and the mess and upheaval involved in that.