Discuss Wiring a 5 bedroom house in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Don't take any notice of the guy's on here some of whom have been winding you up.....Not one of them have mentioned that the main centrifugal flux capacitor is not on your list. Will be needed for that size of cooker/oven for sure. Best place to buy one is CEF (City Electrical factors)......I recommend them especially if you do not have an account elsewhere, they are always the cheapest by far.

How is this thread 11 pages long lol? I read about the first 5 then gave up. Is it just a place for general banter now or are you all still hoping for a confession that he actually is doing the work himself?:D

Or, has he already confessed and I missed it in the 6 pages i didnt read? Damn it, better read them now to catch up!!!

Don't take any notice of the guy's on here some of whom have been winding you up.....Not one of them have mentioned that the main centrifugal flux capacitor is not on your list. Will be needed for that size of cooker/oven for sure. Best place to buy one is CEF (City Electrical factors)......I recommend them especially if you do not have an account elsewhere, they are always the cheapest by far.
Until you go to pick it up and that's when the price goes up a few notches.

Hey pal you could save a fortune if you source that list of materials on slovakia
E-bay ! Stick it all on Google translate or get the geezer that's doing the re wire to do it for you even . Spurs fan eh ? Have you learned nowt from the days of signing Carlos kickaballs ?

Hello Everyone,

I am not sure of the etiquette here on the forum, but I would like to start by extending warm greetings to everyone in the house. This forum is very useful for me and I have learnt a lot from it.

I would like to ask a question, its about the list of materials required to wire a 5 bed house. I have the list below, and would like to know if its correct etc.

3/4 double sockets per bedroom, and everywhere will have spot lights apart from the bedrooms. I also plan to use a double electric oven, which is rated at 4,400W and hence a 6mm cable needs to be used. The distance is about 10m from the board to the kitchen. Below are the oven specification.

Energy efficiency class (2010/30/EC) - cavity 2 : A Energy consumption per cycle forced air convection - cavity 2 (2010/30/EC) : 0.80 Energy efficiency index (2010/30/EC) : 112.9 Energy efficiency index cavity 2 (2010/30/EC) : 94.1 Electrical connection rating (W) : 4400 Current (A) : 20 Voltage (V) : 240 Frequency (Hz) : 50

Description Quantity
Non fire rated spot lights (Lounge) 10
Non fire rated spot lights (hall by door) 4
Non fire rated spot lights (family living area) 12
Non fire rated spot lights (Kitchen) 8
Non fire rated spot lights (Upstairs landing) 6
Non fire rated spot lights (Downstairs toilet) 4
Non fire rated spot lights (Utility room) 2
Bathroom spotlights (Upstairs bath) 6
Bathroom spotlights (Upstairs Ensuite) 4
External spot lights for outside 6
Pendant light 8
Smoke Alarm 2
Heat Sensor 1
Extractor fan 3
12/15 way board with MCB's 1
Kitchen Extractor Chimney 1
Shower shaving socket 2
Isolator for extractor fan 3
1.5mm brown cable 100m
1.5mm blue cable 100m
1.5mm GREEN/YELLOW cable 100m
3 core flexible cable 50m
2.5mm 3 core cable 200m
1.5mm Twin and earth cable 200m
2.5mm blue single core cable
2.5mm brown single core cable
Earth bonding
10mm green earthing
2 gang switch 4
3 gang switch 1
1 gang switch 8
1 gang switch white 2
Outside floor light 2
Fused spur with neon light 3
13amp socket plug 2
Double socket chrome 35
Double socket white 6
Cooker switch chrome 1
6mm cable for cooker 10M
6mm armour cable for garage 12m
Coaxial cable for Tv 50m
Coaxial socket for satellite 2
Electrical trunking 75 x 50mm - 2.4 metres 2.4m
Carbon monixide detector 1
50 pieces of open Grommet 25mm
2 Gang External plug socket 1
Would be wrong to confirm or decry another persons list of materials and in the situation where the customer wants to buy the items I would walk away. A regular electrician will have a proper trade account with a reputable wholesaler and should source and recharge for parts including adding a percentage, 20% is mentioned elsewhere and that is reasonable, sourcing equipment takes time and experience and also puts a risk onto the electrician through his account with the wholesaler, its his credit and you are the risk he takes. I have a local customer who has retired to these parts and was a private doctor in London. Told me he charged £350/hour and he was worth it because it was he who had gone to college for years to learn his profession. My reply was that we are the same, people who carry out skilled work and are properly trained have studied and are entitled to our rate. Similarly a local landlord
Hello Everyone,

I am not sure of the etiquette here on the forum, but I would like to start by extending warm greetings to everyone in the house. This forum is very useful for me and I have learnt a lot from it.

I would like to ask a question, its about the list of materials required to wire a 5 bed house. I have the list below, and would like to know if its correct etc.

3/4 double sockets per bedroom, and everywhere will have spot lights apart from the bedrooms. I also plan to use a double electric oven, which is rated at 4,400W and hence a 6mm cable needs to be used. The distance is about 10m from the board to the kitchen. Below are the oven specification.

Energy efficiency class (2010/30/EC) - cavity 2 : A Energy consumption per cycle forced air convection - cavity 2 (2010/30/EC) : 0.80 Energy efficiency index (2010/30/EC) : 112.9 Energy efficiency index cavity 2 (2010/30/EC) : 94.1 Electrical connection rating (W) : 4400 Current (A) : 20 Voltage (V) : 240 Frequency (Hz) : 50

Description Quantity
Non fire rated spot lights (Lounge) 10
Non fire rated spot lights (hall by door) 4
Non fire rated spot lights (family living area) 12
Non fire rated spot lights (Kitchen) 8
Non fire rated spot lights (Upstairs landing) 6
Non fire rated spot lights (Downstairs toilet) 4
Non fire rated spot lights (Utility room) 2
Bathroom spotlights (Upstairs bath) 6
Bathroom spotlights (Upstairs Ensuite) 4
External spot lights for outside 6
Pendant light 8
Smoke Alarm 2
Heat Sensor 1
Extractor fan 3
12/15 way board with MCB's 1
Kitchen Extractor Chimney 1
Shower shaving socket 2
Isolator for extractor fan 3
1.5mm brown cable 100m
1.5mm blue cable 100m
1.5mm GREEN/YELLOW cable 100m
3 core flexible cable 50m
2.5mm 3 core cable 200m
1.5mm Twin and earth cable 200m
2.5mm blue single core cable
2.5mm brown single core cable
Earth bonding
10mm green earthing
2 gang switch 4
3 gang switch 1
1 gang switch 8
1 gang switch white 2
Outside floor light 2
Fused spur with neon light 3
13amp socket plug 2
Double socket chrome 35
Double socket white 6
Cooker switch chrome 1
6mm cable for cooker 10M
6mm armour cable for garage 12m
Coaxial cable for Tv 50m
Coaxial socket for satellite 2
Electrical trunking 75 x 50mm - 2.4 metres 2.4m
Carbon monixide detector 1
50 pieces of open Grommet 25mm
2 Gang External plug socket 1

All down to the electrician and discourteous to go crosschecking his list. Non fire rated spotlights seems a weird choice.

All down to the electrician and discourteous to go crosschecking his list. Non fire rated spotlights seems a weird choice.
you right there ,if customer of mine say they are supplying any materials. I would ask them to sign a piece of paper saying no warranty's of them supplying own gear e.g. non fire rated lightings. if you property burns down .
you can not claim on my insurance.

Ok I'm closing this thread now as it's just descended into chaos and looks like it is never gonna get back on track.

If the op wants it opening again then please send me a pm.

Reply to Wiring a 5 bedroom house in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock