Discuss wiring a aux fusebox to a land rover in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

chrisbinks

hi guys im hoping to wire in my aux fusebox onto my defender this weekend. i have a fuse box which is capable of 100amp per bank. there are 2 banks. my question is if i was to run a 170amp cable from my battery to my relay then to the 170amp mega fuse then from there carry the cable on . then join 2 100amp cables to the 170amp cable (so spliting the 170amp cable off into 2) then joining the lower amp cables to the 2 clamps on the fuse box. would this work ok? or is there a better way you guys could tell me?

im trying to save having to buy 2 relays and extra fuses and have them run through 1 . also saving space.

many thanks for your time guys its much apprieciated

you can use the main terminal block connections similar to this and a fusible linkwiring a aux fusebox to a land rover fuseablelink - EletriciansForums.netwiring a aux fusebox to a land rover 312_250_Blk_Buss_lsm - EletriciansForums.net
connecting an appropriate fusible link to the block to feed the auxiliary fuse box
it depends more on what your autos electrical system looks like.
refer to your manuals for better information or have a garage do it for you

Splitting into 2 x 100A cables after the 170A megafuse means the cables are not protected and could melt/catch fire under full load, you need to install a 100A fuse into each wire.
Will the relay cope with 170A and can your alternator supply enough current for the vehicle + accessories?

As a Land Rover fan myself, I have to ask what you are fitting that would need such a high current supply?

Reply to wiring a aux fusebox to a land rover in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock