Discuss Wiring a heating system. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hutch6447

Hi, I need a bit of direction and help never really touched a heating system before and just have a few grey areas that I need clearing up.

The work I have done in the forces for 12 years has never took me down the path of heating systems now I am fine with connecting up combi's simply fcu with 3 amp fuse and take supply off that, the problem I have is that the feed needs to go to a junction box and a timer unit first now so the FCU is going to be upstairs in the airing cupboard so I guess that another fcu will have to go downstairs were boiler is being sited and will feed the boiler.

Does anyone have any experience or tips or general information that will help me with this one?

you could stick a label on the boiler " isolate in airing cuboard"

Hi, I need a bit of direction and help never really touched a heating system before and just have a few grey areas that I need clearing up.

The work I have done in the forces for 12 years has never took me down the path of heating systems now I am fine with connecting up combi's simply fcu with 3 amp fuse and take supply off that, the problem I have is that the feed needs to go to a junction box and a timer unit first now so the FCU is going to be upstairs in the airing cupboard so I guess that another fcu will have to go downstairs were boiler is being sited and will feed the boiler.

Does anyone have any experience or tips or general information that will help me with this one?

Why 2 x FCUs?

U only need one FCU at the boiler.

Yeah well thats what I have done in the passed and thats what I thought they only needed one, but the plummer is asking for 2 so its threw me a bit one upstairs in airing cuboard and a link downstairs to boiler.

Why are you taking direction from a bloody plumber???! If your a spark then have some confidence in your knowledge and work and do it right!!, one FCU next to the boiler is more than sufficient!

FCU near to boiler then put a DP isolator next to tour 10 way JB.

This way no matter if someone is working on the boiler or on the 10 way JB they will have a form of local isolation.

A note on the DP switch indicating where to isolate would be a good idea IMO

Well he is a plumber/heating engineer but yes I understand what your saying and I am just going to put FCU by the Junction Box.
If you look on the plumber/heating engineer as a snotty nosed, pimply faced officer that's just passed his exams telling a 10 year veteran how to fight you will have some idea about how we feel about plumbers! Lol

Ha ha loud and clear, respect that comment made me chuckle that reminds me a bit of army talk your not ex forces by any chance are you?

Reply to Wiring a heating system. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net