Discuss Wiring Advice - Multiple supply lines into fuse box in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
All,

Usually a bit more prudent with this stuff, however I find myself unable to wire up a fuse box controlling a light. I'm also fairly sure a motion sensor light on the landing outside my front door is contolled by this box.

Photo attached. 3 supply cables from the wall and the wiring up to the switch. My attempts have resulted only in a tripped switch.

Any help much appreciated.

Vito

20171111_125407.jpg

All,

Usually a bit more prudent with this stuff, however I find myself unable to wire up a fuse box controlling a light. I'm also fairly sure a motion sensor light on the landing outside my front door is contolled by this box.

Photo attached. 3 supply cables from the wall and the wiring up to the switch. My attempts have resulted only in a tripped switch.

Any help much appreciated.

Vito

View attachment 39244
Vito my Friend, you need the help of an Electrician on site to decipher that mess, from the looks of the wiring there may have been some overheating of the wiring, get help from a Sparky.

site visit required to determine what is what .

i got a westons vintage cider for light relief pm.then 3 x theaksons old peculier for 2nite. cutting down to this level could mean another 5 years of pension. :D

fair shout :) i was looking at picture on my phone without zooming in. but i have seen and come across light switches at skirting level. also had one on a ceiling! you'd be amazed at what people do in their homes

No offence meant but I'd recommend hiring a qualified electrician to take a look. As previously mentioned, it could be that the permanent-line runs to the lamp with a switch-wire to the light switch perhaps?

Reply to Wiring Advice - Multiple supply lines into fuse box in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net