Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss wiring Data and how it works? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Kev2632

Kev2632 Regular EF Member

Hello, this a field of work i havent really touched or done much with and just wanted to get my head round it..,

In a commercial building i know that you wire single runs from the patch panel to the outlets within the building,

How does it all work, when its all connected up at the patch panel, is there something to do with patch leads?? and how are you able to transfer calls between different rooms and that?

How is it possible for more than one call to come into the building on the same phone number but be answered by a different phone if somebody else is using the other one's.

Thanks.

2. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

All the routing is done in the server mate, there will be specific ports on the patch panel assigned to voice/data etc and its the computer side of things that diverts the calls etc etc.

3. ackbarthestar

ackbarthestar Trusted Advisor