Discuss wiring diagram for start/stop ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kev2632

start-stop.jpg

What is this cable for??

how does the circuit operate?

when the start button is operated does it stay closed or does return to N/O status after use?

it keeps the coil energized,returns to n/o
basiclly you press start button which powers the coil which then pulls in the contactor once the contactor makes, the feed from the stop button holds the coil in untill the stop button is pressed which breaks the circuit.

At a guess,, the on button spring returns.. The power is then drawn through the cable you have questioned, which is via the contact. This stays on as the coil is activated and the power passes through your cable until the stop is pressed. Otherwise the on button could be pressed (and be left in the on position) then if you pressed the stop the circuit would be broken. The danger would then come when you released the stop button, the circuit would be complete again. However due to the spring return on button the circuit is not made until the contact is pulled in.

Seems a long winded answer, so here is a shorter one.

So basically

1.Circuit open until button is pressed
2.Contact pulls in creating a parallel live supply
3.You take your finger off the spring return button Leaving only the contact live powering its own coil
4. you push the stop breaking the circuit.
5. Coil drops out meaning the emergency stop needs making n/c (resetting) and the start button pressing to remake the circuit. (back to top)

slave contact. your diagram shows a 3 pole contactor using 1 pair of contacts as slave. ifr you want to switch 3 phase, you would need 3 main contacts ans a fourth one as slave,

You could have found a thread that didn't end in a slanging match :38:

Yep
I just looked at that thread again and the first page started out on track and thats about it,we killed it after a promising start
icon10.png

Reply to wiring diagram for start/stop ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net