Discuss Wiring for 14kw range oven in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I
Presumably the housing association will be your 1st call ....

Muppet installers like this need to be held to account. 6mm may have been enough for the circuit.
It makes me raging angry, been out the game 25+ years and at 44 have tried to get back into it, no one willing to give an old git a chance as yet! Just infuriated me that there’s people out there doing it badly, even with my long absence it’s seems I’ve forgotten more than they know!!

A housing association place with a 14KW range cooker and I have my own place in London with a crappy 15 year old gas cooker, f!!ck me sideways and some more get the tallow out as I must have failed in life......

Rant over, thread back to normal.

I know, school boy error, but would’ve come across same outcome once put back and turned on supply. Surely that’s not right? Cooker terminals not designed to take large cables
Yeah its a sh!t but you'll end up taking the flack, I have realised there are no charity cases you charge market rates to fund the consequences of any mistakes.

Always a risk to diagnose from afar, but the Three Amigos weren't alerted by the size of the fitting on the oven, the manufacturer's instructions or their own diversity calcs.
Perhaps it just went pop?

Yes they were

brits, 3 of them! Sub contractors from kitchen installers
Were the 3 Guys all Electricians? or were they all (Kevins) kitchen fitters? or even worse (Jacks) of all trades? seems the later would be my choice.

Just realised its our place and someone put the kitchen/cooker in. Put it all back as it was and phone the HA and complain the cookers not working.
I feel better now re reading this in the morning as its seems my 15 year old gas cooker works better than modern electric sh!te ;o))))))

our elec. oven was fitted in 1997, had 1 new element fitted (by me), otherwise trouble free. the gas hob came from a customer's kitchen strip-out. also fitted by me (don't tell gas safe). better than all the new crap on sale now.

Our dual fuel oven was fitted in 2009. It's had 3 replacement main elements (I've got a forth collecting dust in the garage), 2 sets of door hinges, 2 circulation fan thermostats & zillions of light bulbs. It's time was up, when we had to wedge a stool against it, to keep the door properly shut. Gas hobs were faultless :D

Our dual fuel oven was fitted in 2009. It's had 3 replacement main elements (I've got a forth collecting dust in the garage), 2 sets of door hinges, 2 circulation fan thermostats & zillions of light bulbs. It's time was up, when we had to wedge a stool against it, to keep the door properly shut. Gas hobs were faultless :D

If an oven is going to be subject to vibration or constant movement then it should be wired in flexible cable.

Fair comment,but the only "constant movement" it encountered,was the single,1 meter travel,backwards,whilst connected to a live and sizeable supply,of unknown soundness :)

our elec. oven was fitted in 1997, had 1 new element fitted (by me), otherwise trouble free. the gas hob came from a customer's kitchen strip-out. also fitted by me (don't tell gas safe). better than all the new crap on sale now.
Mrs Telectrix has just posted on Mumsnet (thats where I meet lonely housewives for daytime fun) that her husband installed a cooker in 1997 and her husband still doesn't know how to turn it on, or her.
;o))))

why would i want to turn the oven on when she's there to do it. as for the last bit, i've kept her happy for 11 years, 3 times a week, she always has this look. :):):).

Reply to Wiring for 14kw range oven in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net