Discuss Wiring for 2ph coffee brewer in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I've been asked to install a coffee brewing machine which has come from the the USA. The plate says 2L/N/PE 230/400v
Any advice on how/if this can be wired into 3ph/1ph supply would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Wiring for 2ph coffee brewer IMG_6031.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

looking at that, 5600 watts,12.4A indicates a 400V supply, so seems as it needs to be connected across 2 phases of a 3 phase supply.

just a glorified kettle @ 100 x the cost.

It looks as though it actually needs a 240v supply, not 400v, so looking at the diagram on the right, you would connect live to L1 and neutral to L2, the American system appears to be L1 to N is 120v, L1 to L2 is 240v. That's why the neutral is crossed out. I don't think it needs a 2 phase supply at 400v. Anybody else think that too??

Anybody watched Holmes on Homes? It's a Canadian show where people's homes are put right after dodgy builders have done work. From what I've seen, their domestic electrical system is a 2phase and neutral (L1 or L2 - N = 120v, L1 - L2 = 240v) so the 120v is for lights and sockets, 240v is for cookers, dryers, washers.

You had my attention at 'Coffee Brewer' - looks like Kevin is right as the 120v will use the neutral so at our voltage if used will use the neutral and provide the required power to make a nice cup of 'Joe'!

From this wiring diagram it would appear that the power supply for the control system needs 230V (from L1-N).
There are two 3kW heaters one has a supply from L1 and the other from L2.
Therefore I would suppose that if you have a 230V supply that can handle 30A then you could link the L1 and L2 or if you have two 16A single phase supplies you could share a neutral between them.
For a 400V system it would just be two phases of a three phase supply and a neutral that would work in the same way as the above single phase.
Perhaps.

Attachments

• Fetco-CBS-2131XTS-1G-xts-coffee-brewer_47.pdf
    96 KB · Views: 4
From this wiring diagram it would appear that the power supply for the control system needs 230V (from L1-N).
There are two 3kW heaters one has a supply from L1 and the other from L2.
Agree - until I saw the circuit diag I was thinking to follow the post #6 diagram and put L on one side, N on the other. But if it was wired as per post #6, how would the 24V /5V supply get energised ? (when the heaters were off for example)

The specific model in the OP is the E213263 which is the CE marked variant and according the the specification it requires two phases (of a UK TP supply), neutral and Earth.

Wiring for 2ph coffee brewer image - EletriciansForums.net

It looks as though it actually needs a 240v supply, not 400v, so looking at the diagram on the right, you would connect live to L1 and neutral to L2, the American system appears to be L1 to N is 120v, L1 to L2 is 240v. That's why the neutral is crossed out. I don't think it needs a 2 phase supply at 400v. Anybody else think that too??

You can see from the data plate in the OP that it is clearly a 230V/400V model, not a US 120V model.
The diagram you are referring to is for the US model (and other countries), the clue is in it being for 120V and 208-240V connections when the data plate on the OPs machine shows that it is a 230/400V model.

You can see from the data plate in the OP that it is clearly a 230V/400V model, not a US 120V model.
The diagram you are referring to is for the US model (and other countries), the clue is in it being for 120V and 208-240V connections when the data plate on the OPs machine shows that it is a 230/400V model.
Yeah I can see now the OP pic of label on box and the diagram are conflicting! I thought the OP put on the diagram after.

Reply to Wiring for 2ph coffee brewer in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock