Discuss Wiring of Smart Light Switch Question in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm attempting to wire a new Smart Wifi Light Switch (Sonoff Touch) into the living room instead of a single switch currently.

The Sonoff Touch Smart switch requires a neutral wire, which I have in my newbuild home.

The neutral I have though is two wires, both currently connected together in an terminal connector

The existing wiring is:
2 x Brown wires in Comm
1 x Black wire in L1
DSC06355.JPG

In the back of the Sonoff Touch Light Switch I have "Nin" "Lin" and "Lout"
I think L1 goes to Live Out and Common goes to Live In
DSC06357.JPG

Do both Neutral go into "Nin"? One of the neutral wires has a bit of heatshrink on which on some Youtube video's they stated to wrap brown electrical tape around the switched cable, so is this a switched neutral if there is such a thing?

DSC06360.JPG

Thank you for any responses!

by looks of it the switch you have require a N- however best to read man.Ins

from your pics i think you have it almost correct. put the 2 blue (neutrals, blue and grey sleeved) into Nin. you only sleeve blues if they are switch L's , so in your case, not. the 2 browns appear to be a L loop, so these both go in Lin, and the sw/L (black sleeved) into Lout.

from your pics i think you have it almost correct. put the 2 blue (neutrals, blue and grey sleeved) into Nin. you only sleeve blues if they are switch L's , so in your case, not. the 2 browns appear to be a L loop, so these both go in Lin, and the sw/L (black sleeved) into Lout.

Thank you for your help, Successfully installed & still alive.

I just wanted some reassurance before proceeding which you did.

Reply to Wiring of Smart Light Switch Question in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net