Discuss Wiring switch for mirror/light. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello all and thank you in advance for any and all help.
My electrician has done the install with the exception of wiring a mirror with light to switch (my electrician is currently unavailable).
I have a 3 core (earth/neutral/live) marked "mirror" that the electrician left in box, that goes to mirror, I'm just not sure how to determine what goes where? Where to connect/take supply from/switched live cable?
I have drawn a diagram that hopefully makes sense.
The hall light has a second switch and the fan will be connected at a later date.Wiring switch for mirror/light. connecting mirror - EletriciansForums.net

There's a few of us from Scotland on the forum. One of us might be able to come have a look for you. Give us a rough location.
Although your regular electrician might not be happy about it. For all we know, he might be a member here.

Your diagram, although nicely drawn, doesn't give all information. A photograph might be more useful.

The "Sleeved (grey tape) earth cable" is a bit of a worry. It shouldn't be connected to any switch terminal.

as he said^^^^^^. not something you should be messing with. esp. as it's in a special location (bathroom). either get your sparks back or employ another. a lot cheaper than a funeral.

My electrician has done the install with the exception of wiring a mirror with light to switch

I'll try my electrician again and if not source another.

I presume you have paid the electrician for the work he did? Then he should come back and finish the job. Why would he leave without finishing it.
Why pay for another electrician.

as he said^^^^^^. not something you should be messing with. esp. as it's in a special location (bathroom). either get your sparks back or employ another. a lot cheaper than a funeral.
dunno, my mate dug his own grave once that was free, kind of? keep giving me dumbs and ill hand you a shovel...... ;)

There's a few of us from Scotland on the forum. One of us might be able to come have a look for you. Give us a rough location.
Although your regular electrician might not be happy about it. For all we know, he might be a member here.

Your diagram, although nicely drawn, doesn't give all information. A photograph might be more useful.

The "Sleeved (grey tape) earth cable" is a bit of a worry. It shouldn't be connected to any switch terminal.
a photograph of what? can it be any photograph?

Wiring switch for mirror/light. u2048 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Wiring switch for mirror/light. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock