Discuss Wiring in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Spearmint

Just been doing some redecorating in my house and came across this feeding a ceiling light, has any one come across this type of wiring before? It looks similar to T+E but there's only a neutral and earth within the "T+E" sheath then there's a separate live wire, switch appears to follow this pattern.

Attachments

• Wiring IMG_0080 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0080.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Wiring IMG_0079 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0079.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 137
It's just sheathed singles, still it a reasonable amount and still available from wholesalers. Although unsure why they have used a sheathed black and used sleeving to indicate it a a line conductor.

It's just sheathed singles, still it a reasonable amount and still available from wholesalers. Although unsure why they have used a sheathed black and used sleeving to indicate it a a line conductor.
I was pleasantly surprised to see the back box earthed anyway, think it's the first time I've seen it done out in the wild.

the beauty of using singles is that the N can be taken directly to the light without taking a permanent L with it, as you have to do with T/E.

it's sinle and earth as opposed to twin and earth ( or sinle and cpc if you want to be pedantic) 6241Y.

Certainly not unusual. Single and earth can make a lot more sense than T&E for some things instead of multiple unnecessary cpcs, and as said bringing feeds where they are not required. Still easily available.

Reply to Wiring in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock