Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Wise to do the 2365 Lv2/Lv3? in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Maoam

Maoam EF Member

A user over here says the 2365 is going to be a shelved qualification next year. Anyone have any news about this? Could impact a lot of people trying to get into the field.

2. Massive1

Massive1 Trainee Access

last registration date for 2365 level 2 & 3 is 31st December 2019.

Why is it going to impact anyone, just like the old days when it was 236 A&B then 2360, 2330 etc it just changes numbers with different unit numbers with changes in the units.

So whoever is doing the 2365 at the time they will just go on to the next one.

3. Maoam

Maoam EF Member

'Says that too for the 2357. So are both the 2365 and 2357 being replaced by the 5357? Next, with the 5357 only being offered at Lv3 the impact is that if the 2365 doesn't exist beyond Dec '19 then adults like me that want to become qualified electricians must compete with teens for apprenticeships via the 5357, right? Maybe I'm wrong, but the younger folk seem to be preferred candidates for apprenticeships.

And by last registration date does this mean that you can still enrol for the 2365 Lv3 before that date even if afterwards nobody else can do the course?

4. Jay 1987

Jay 1987 Trainee Access

Where is this information?

5. Maoam

Maoam EF Member

6. Massive1

Massive1 Trainee Access

I think you are looking at this completely the wrong way TBH. The level 2 and 3 will still be there whether you start now or in 2020 regardless of numbers they want to call it.

7. Jay 1987

Jay 1987 Trainee Access