Discuss Wiska Glands excellent customer service in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I had some glands recently that were not the usual decent quality.
The rubber inserts were stiff and wouldn't compress too well.
Annoyed me as I bought them for a Cu change and had to use some horrid membrane glands instead to get the job done.
I emailed the customer services asking why the rubber was so below par..
They emailed back asking for part numbers, where bought etc..
Turns out CEF must have given me some old ropey stock that had sat on the shelf out back as Wiska said on there systems they hadn't ordered any for some time! If left out and in cold the rubber can stiffen and go hard.
As a goodwill gesture they are sending me one of the Sprint gland contractor packs they sell at the exhibitions. Worth around £30
A lot of companies wouldnt have even bothered replying or taking the effort to check the system to see when the wholesaler bought the stock last, asking for part numbers etc... The bloke then rang me this afternoon.
Wiska have gone up in my books now.
So all in worth a 5 minute email! i await my freebie...

I ring them up for freebee.
If you dont ask you dont get. My mate who installs data cabling and fibre networks had some CK rods that had iffy screw fixings on the end.
Meant the rods separated when in a void somewhere,
Contacted CK who then sent him a large tube of rods and accessories.
Companies these days are so up against it with competition and knockoffs that they are keen to keep existing customers.
The good brands will go out of there way to put things right.

I had some glands recently that were not the usual decent quality.
The rubber inserts were stiff and wouldn't compress too well.
Annoyed me as I bought them for a Cu change and had to use some horrid membrane glands instead to get the job done.
I emailed the customer services asking why the rubber was so below par..
They emailed back asking for part numbers, where bought etc..
Turns out CEF must have given me some old ropey stock that had sat on the shelf out back as Wiska said on there systems they hadn't ordered any for some time! If left out and in cold the rubber can stiffen and go hard.
As a goodwill gesture they are sending me one of the Sprint gland contractor packs they sell at the exhibitions. Worth around £30
A lot of companies wouldnt have even bothered replying or taking the effort to check the system to see when the wholesaler bought the stock last, asking for part numbers etc... The bloke then rang me this afternoon.
Wiska have gone up in my books now.
So all in worth a 5 minute email! i await my freebie...
How long?

tried one of their 32mm , fit 2 x 25mm and 1 x 16mm tails. would need a stinger missile to get the tails through. ended up cutting all the middle bit out and then gumming up with silicon.

Can’t believe you use CEF. Are you rich lol?
Was working literally on the road up from CEF, so had a quick choice between driving through traffic elsewhere or walking 1 minute to cef. As denmans had none in stock.
We got Kew Electrical, who have just opened a branch literally next door to cef and wilts, so now they got competition in Bath, hoping prices get sensible. as with cef the price online and in branch seems to differ quite a bit...

tried one of their 32mm , fit 2 x 25mm and 1 x 16mm tails. would need a stinger missile to get the tails through. ended up cutting all the middle bit out and then gumming up with silicon.

Have you tried some silicon spray on the rubber insert first before you install the tails ?

I'm not entirely buying their story about temperature or age of stock having such a profound or lasting effect on the rubber but if their customer service is that good then all is forgiven.

Reply to Wiska Glands excellent customer service in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net