Discuss Wood burner and downlighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Adamsando90

I’m getting a wood burner installed in a few weeks and building a stud chimney breast. I was wanting to put some downlighting in the recess as pictured but was wanting to know of any restrictions and also the best way to do the install?

05472699-8E0C-48AF-A820-50F2B68978E6.jpeg

stud chimney breast with all that nice flammable 3 x 2 timber.

I have had a fair bit to do with these jobs,and still have a good few pals installing,some hawking some right,high-end creations:confused:

Trouble is,when sticking them where they were not,originally,even to the regs products,twin-wall,lux boards,etc,the heat that CAN be generated,degrades fixings and adhesives,approved or not.

This has lead some installers,not to use some of the "approved" and "best practice" construction methods,as they eventually,give problems.

I cannot tell you,how many of these items,end up "ornament only",un-useable,and un-listable,at property sale time.

Too many Machinemart £200 units,and folk emulating what looked groovy in a sale room,has not helped the job.

...And all this bitterness,from someone who is a fan,and fitted his first gravity system and back-boiler at age 15 :)

Sorry OP, how can we help? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I may have hit the ground,running,with me rant...and i apologise.

But it saved time,getting in to lengthy discussions about oven lamps and hi-temp kiln wiring...

My pals missus,added to the overall ambience,at Halloween,by putting two,big red candles,on top of their Morso stove... can you guess what the scraping noise was,two days later? :eek:

Reply to Wood burner and downlighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net