Discuss worcester bosch WAVE thermostat on S-plan? is it possible? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi
Just wondering if a worcester wave thermostat will work on a modern worcester bosch system boiler with a pressurised cylinder (1 x 2 port for heating, 1 x 2port for hot water/cylinder)

I don't see how it will?,

any help, thank you

No it won't, to use the wave you will need the internal diverter valve for the boiler with the CH and DHW flow and return pipes run back to the boiler seperately.

To use Worcester intelligent controls with an S plan system you would need to use the greenstar wiring centre with the comfort range of controls.
But the greenstar wiring centre setup is a load of rubbish that has caused me to loose a few days labour due to constant callbacks and Worcester engineer visits that have resulted in Worcester issuing a hurried 'bodge' solution to the problem.

hi
Just wondering if a worcester wave thermostat will work on a modern worcester bosch system boiler with a pressurised cylinder (1 x 2 port for heating, 1 x 2port for hot water/cylinder)

I don't see how it will?,

any help, thank you

It won't work how it is now. It'll be a great deal of work/money to get it to work....optional extra worcester integral diverter valve and a bit of re-piping and then not entity sure how you would get round the required interlock on the unvented cylinder without looking in to it,Thermostat would connect to the ems/bus connections..........choose another thermostat lol.

edit: took me so long to type whilst cooking dinner, Davesparks beat/explained it better :)

Last edited:
It won't work how it is now. It'll be a great deal of work/money to get it to work....optional extra worcester integral diverter valve and a bit of re-piping and then not entity sure how you would get round the required interlock on the unvented cylinder without looking in to it,Thermostat would connect to the ems/bus connections..........choose another thermostat lol.

edit: took me so long to type whilst cooking dinner, Davesparks beat/explained it better :)

For an unvented cylinder you wire the overheat cutout into the permanent live feed to the boiler so that the whole system shuts off on overheat.

Another classic Worcester bodge ;)

Rather than start a new thread - and having just naiively purchased a worcester wave control for my worcester 42cdi classic boiler, does this work with a standard S Plan system with a traditional vented cylinder?

Cant find any wiring information on worcesters site.

Please tell me I dont have to buy a fancy wiring centre and have to go wet side as well to fit a diverter valve as well.

If you have the system boiler version then it needs to have the integral diverter valve an has to of been manufactured from the 16th of Jan onwards with software version CF12.10 onwards.

You can still get a classic system boiler. Sounds like you have the classic regular boiler which if is the case then I don't think its compatible with the wave.

The 42cdi classic is a combi from what I see. The 40cdi is either regular or system. Might be worth phoning Worcester in the morning with your gas council number of the boiler.

Last edited:
okay - I get the naming confusion now :)
Let forget the names!

It is a regular boiler (without internal pump/control valves) connected in an S Plan configuration with external pump and a 2 port valve for heating and a 2 port valve for hot water. All pretty standard stuff really.

I was just looking for a wiring digram to confirm how to update the wiring to suit the Wave.
I get the BB connection for the controller but clearly something else has to be amended too.

okay - I get the naming confusion now :)
Let forget the names!

It is a regular boiler (without internal pump/control valves) connected in an S Plan configuration with external pump and a 2 port valve for heating and a 2 port valve for hot water. All pretty standard stuff really.

I was just looking for a wiring digram to confirm how to update the wiring to suit the Wave.
I get the BB connection for the controller but clearly something else has to be amended too.

Its only compatible with a system or combi boiler.
worcester bosch WAVE thermostat on S-plan? is it possible? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

No the wave won't work.

You're better off getting a NEST or HIVE etc to achieve the same kind of functionality.
Worcester do offer a system for an S plan conventional boiler but it is horrible

Reply to worcester bosch WAVE thermostat on S-plan? is it possible? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock