Discuss Work in Australia in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dalton89

Does anyone know of any work going in Australia? I have been over for 8 months and came home to the UK, now I really want to move permanently, so was wondering if anyone knew of any companies that sponsor UK electricians to move over? Or if any of you have any contacts over there that you wouldn't mind letting me have contact details for. thanks for any help in advance

Should have sorted that out while you were over there for those 8 months!! If you're that set on going back, you had better get all your trade paperwork in order and get them all validated etc. Don't even bother if you're not a fully qualified electrician, (preferably a JIB Gold Card) with fully indentured apprenticeship papers. That isn't a quick or cheap exercise either. Get everything in place, before starting to look for a sponsor, most will not want the hassle or the cost on top of sponsoring you. Be prepared to having to go to Aussie and go it alone. You'll also have to take a state/province registration test, before you can even start to practice your trade....

Agree with Engineer54! You will need to have all your quals verified and validated. Trade test will need to be done, this includes written exams, multichoice tests and their equivalent of the AM2.
It will cost you in the region of 1600 dollars just for the above to do out here in Straya. You will also have to pay for your accommodation for two to three weeks whilst you do these assessments and skills tests. You will need to prove that you have work experience within your area of experteas, normally two years minimum out of apprenticeship. If you were working over here as a sparks do not announce it as that will be an automatic bar as you would have been working illegally. A lot of the companies over here have enough sparkies so are not willing to sponsor I'm afraid as it does cost a lot and they tend to prefer to employ local and not immigrants. It certainly isn't easy getting over here and getting licensed but it is well worth it if you are succesful. Another area to look at is the skills requirement list along with rural sponsorship by a state government.

Thanks for the help guys, I will keep working hard to get some money and get everything in order, and by the looks of it, give it a go in a few years time, would love to live over there, had an awesome time when I was there, and I was mainly working all the time, I am speaking to an employer I worked for, trying to get him to Spenser me, he does seem interested, but is going to look into it further before he says anything else.

Reply to Work in Australia in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net