Discuss work in kitchen in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

1 sentence answers are not much use :hammer:, were you paid on a CIS basis? Do you have anything from the kitchen fitter that says invoice them?

sorry they said they didnt deduct tax for self employed people and all i have was a verbul conversation as i use to play football with the bloke that gave me the job

i'd be inclined to play football with his head.

if the earth had come off the hob, and the hob and become live, suggests to me the hob was faulty, that wouldnt excuse you if the earth had come off, how did you test the earth on the hob ? did the rcd trip ?

i dont know if the rcd triped as when i did the connections there was no power and the test i did was a continuity test thats all i could do with no power

i think i might if they dont help me to sort things out, i am just going to have to wait and see now what the customer wants to do and let my insurance deal with it

the appliance came with cable l-n-e so i put that in the l-out n-out and in one of the earth teminals and in the in coming side the twin and earth that her electrician put in the middle of the island

I wouldn't trust anyhing like that, always use a approved voltage tester when connecting up to existing wiring. So whose job was it too commission the appliances?

i did a continuity or the cable her electrician put to make sure everything was ok and put it down on my test sheet.
i asume it was down to her electrician to do it as he had to test everything and sign it off

well i got told it was in the spur and then she sent a email to the kithcen company who sent it to me and it said in the terminal of the hob so the story has changed.

Reply to work in kitchen in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock