Discuss work in kitchen in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

This is a wind up right?

well i got told it was in the spur and then she sent a email to the kithcen company who sent it to me and it said in the terminal of the hob so the story has changed.
So a spur you say?

yes i connected the hob end with a 45amp cooker swicth and her electrician had to put another switch in a cuboard above the fridge frezzer

Oh no a 45 amp cooker switch located well away from the cooker and not within the required distance.

if this isnt crap, then maybe the earth did come off, the person who applied the power to the circuit should have checked it, but how did the casing become live ?

martin

that is what i thought , i cant see how the casing became live when they are in a plastic casing and i thought that if her electrician did test it then he would of picked up on it when testing.

that is true but i have been doing electrics since i left school have city and guilds 1,2,3 and 17th not inspection and testing and going for the nic so i dont think i would of wired it up wrong as i checked the cables were in the correct place before screwing the plate up

a plastic hob ?

my guess is you or the other guy have wired it up wrong, if any of this is true, he is blaming you, well he would, but you have the ace card in that you didnt apply power, your tests are worthless really !
He should have tested properly, ask for a copy of his sheets

martin

sounds like a right mess to me, and i would be asking why the other electrician hasnt picked up any faults when he should have done continuity, Ins resistance, and then livened up and done a loop test, RCD test.
why did the appliances have to be connected if he hadnt finished the install??? that would pee me off if i hadnt finished first fix yet or done any dead testing and some numpty had come and 2nd fixed everything!!!!

Ouch, what a mess.

So in summary, the kitchen company got you to do some electrics, are washing their hands of the issue, but didn't do the CIS and haven't paid your invoice from November. The customer had another electrician who did some of the work. You and the other sparky don't know/can't agree on who's fault it is.

Who issued the EIC for the complete kitchen and did the necessary notification? IMHO its that person she should be chasing.

does sound a mess now with the client, Des has summed it all up. The buck stops with the person who issued the cert.
How can someone make a claim if you never energised the circuit or certified it.
Thats the whole point of a cert.
You could have wired it with wet string if you wanted to but until someone energises it no offence has been commited. With regards to the kitchen company I guess you hold little luck getting paid really unless you take a legal route. Best advice would be to write it if as it seems only a couple of days work and learn by it. Hard stance In know but it will eat you up and cost more money to chase.

does sound a mess now with the client, Des has summed it all up. The buck stops with the person who issued the cert.
How can someone make a claim if you never energised the circuit or certified it.
Thats the whole point of a cert.
You could have wired it with wet string if you wanted to but until someone energises it no offence has been commited. With regards to the kitchen company I guess you hold little luck getting paid really unless you take a legal route. Best advice would be to write it if as it seems only a couple of days work and learn by it. Hard stance In know but it will eat you up and cost more money to chase.

I have to disagree on the chasing money bit. Send them a final demand polite reminder including the sentence "if this invoice is not paid by xx xxxxxxxxx 2012 with will refer the matter to the Small Claims Court without any further reference to you."

Do a search on this forum for Money Claim Online and you should find a recent thread with the costs which you pay and are passed on to the client.

I understand where your going Murdoch but i would say from the kitchen comp comments so far they are trying to duck it and although you are perfectly correct in what your saying I doubt the OP has enough proof for a court to decide the outcome based on his verbal agreement. small claims require the cost to be over £500 from what they told me on my last claim and from what is said i would not think a couple of days work would have made this amount but i could be wrong.

Reply to work in kitchen in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock