Discuss work on high level in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
a customer asked me to replace some light fittings, sounds easy, but it is a warehouse, ceiling hight is about 10 meters, no wall can support my ladder, what equipment shall i buy for this job? shall i give up this job?

cheers all,

better, hire a scissor lift or cherry picker. i had a job similar and client hired a scaffold tower. problem was, various roof heights, so had to partiially dismantle and re-assemble every move. took 12 hours to change 8 fittings.

Scissor lift or cherry picker is definately the way to go.

remember that safety of yourself and others takes priority over cost

i can hire a cherry picker for £150 per day, but the bigger hire companies only hire out weekly. try a small independent hire co.

IMO hire a scissor lift narrow aisle ones but check your heights and available widths as previously said scaffold towers would need dismantelling and reerrection and at 10m satbiliers needed scossors all the way nice n quick up down move to next one

if client has a lot of lights you could suggest a bulk change while you have scissors on site rather than having to hire one everytime there are a couple of lights out??

Have they got a hiab or teleporter?

On a serious not, get a picker or scissor lift in! The bulk change suggestion is a great one too!

I've used scissor lifts and they're a Godsend. They rent them out by the day and they have narrow models that go through a standard doorway which will lift 200 Kilos to 10 meters height. Scaffold needs certification before use where I am so the scissor lift works out quicker and cheaper. Just quote the job accordingly and make the customer aware of the regulations and safety issues.

Reply to work on high level in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net