Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Work quiet at the moment? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. peterhyper

peterhyper Regular EF Member

The past month or two so has been noticeably quieter than its been for years. I have enough work to keep me going for a while and I'm chilled about it even if the work stops because I have lots of jobs to catch up with in my own house, and enough in my piggy bank to keep my going.

Could it be that my customers have finally sussed out that I ain't a great spark and are going elsewhere, or have others also noticed their phone isn't ringing as much lately?

2. sham

sham S B ELECTRICIAN

You be surprised how events like the world cup and others have an effect in the slow down in work and sales everywhere, except pubs. lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    I have noticed the domestic work is a bit quieter, i think in part that the hot weather has meant people aren't worrying about DIY as its too hot to do anything, they are all sat outside having a BBQ!
    I am getting quite a few enquiries about outdoors sockets and lights though. Most of the domestic work I am getting is quick well paid small jobs like cooker connections, changing of light fittings and fault diagnosis... couple of them a day and it soon adds up. less major stuff like new CU or circuits.
    The EV charger installs are picking up though. Had 2 of them this month.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

My domestic work is pretty slow right now. Sun came out and the world cup started, phone stopped ringing.
    Like you I have been doing a lot of jobs at home and enjoying the sun. Even swapped my CU today. Im even going back to it to put it up level tomorrow.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Too much work is my problem. Trying to cut it down and get done whatever I am involved in and turn down the rate of work. Quiet at the beginning of the year though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gavin John Hyde

Business Name:
    I hope you carried out all you testing, issued a certificate and notified it! ;):D

7. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Of course. To have done anything otherwise would have been remiss of me.

8. Gavin John Hyde

Business Name:
    Otherwise next month we would have a Mrs @Andy78@Andy78 on the forum saying my otherhalf has changed our consumer unit and we have no certificates for it, what should i do...

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    better no certificates than no electric when it falls off the wall.:D:D:D:D.

10. Paignton pete

Paignton pete Regular EF Member

The last 12 months have been really weird for me.

Working 7 days a week one moment then absolutely not a sausage for a week then back to 7days and on and on...

Never known a year like it. I normally work 4-5 days a week pretty much al year round.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. wirepuller

wirepuller Trusted Advisor

Slowed right down recently after a busy couple of years, still catching up to an extent with outstanding/ongoing work....but been a scratching about week this week. School work starts Monday, got about 3 weeks of that.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. rapparee

rapparee Electrician's Arms

I'm working 70 hours a week at the minute

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. wirepuller

wirepuller Trusted Advisor

Show off :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. MDJ

MDJ The Muppet Police Trusted Advisor

Busy Fool

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent You Rock Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Start of the year I was thinking I haven’t got much in the diary but it never really went quiet in the end and jobs started rolling in. I’ve got a new build industrial estate that is sort of a hospital job when things are slow between jobs. They're just basic fit outs though and normally in and out in a day. It’s a good site to have as I get a lot of full fit outs when they are purchased. Just started 15 flats, another site of 29 houses starting in a few months and 28 flats stating January. Also got a couple of high end new builds on the go and all the usual ticking over jobs like periodics, rewires, extensions etc coming through in drips and drabs. The local authority have really come down hard as late on the landlords who own the majority of the rough bit of town and brought in a licensing scheme....Getting at least 3 enquiries a week about Fire alarms and emergency lighting because of this. The only trouble is most of them think cash is king and don’t like VAT. There is always times when you start to think am I going to have enough to keep everyone going but it seems to sort itself out in the end.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1