Discuss Working away from home and eating out in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Working in Canada on a three month job, 6 of us including a rather snobby Team Leader/
We were working 6 or 7 days a week 12 to 14 hour days, so to say we were hungry at the end of the day is an understatement. Started going out as a team but after a while you get fed up after seeing the other Guys at work all day and then going out for a meal after work, so inevitably we started going our own ways.
The team Leader was always on about how he liked Past and "why don't we go out for an Italian" well the Carpenter informed him quite politely that after a hard day at work he didn't fancy eating wallpaper paste, so that klled the conversation stone dead for starters.
Any how occasionally we all got invited to eat out at some of the office staff's house's, one particular time the Boss of the offices we were converting asked us out, or rather asked the Team Leader, if we would like to go round to his Gaff for a meal one evening, well it was free so we all agreed.
Imagine our dismay when we got there to find that the TL had been asked what we would like to eat? you've guessed it Pasta was the main course, to say we weren't happy was the subject of discussion, but being nice blokes we never said anything, this chap's Wife said She was going to get some Salad, that's better I thought, Tomatoes, Cucumber etc the normal stuff you get at Home, well no not really, I think we were all surprised at how many different types of Lettuce you can get, pudding was fresh Strawberries wit Balsamic Vinegar, not really up to our usual Pallet of Bacon Sandwiches and Maccy Dees, bluudy horrible it was.
After saying our thanks and how nice the meal was we all trooped off to our Truck to go back to the Hotel, the Chippy said to the TL can we stop at the Burger Joint on the way home because we were all starving, and after a hard days work Wall Paper paste and Lettuce leaves just didn't cut the Mustard, quite outspoken he was, well we described as Plebs, Cretins, uneducated and lots of other Metaphors , by the TL, to say he was disappointed in our reaction, was again, an understatement, he never asked us again if we wanted to go to an Italian restaurant again.

Sorry for the long thread just thought you might find it funny. How the other half live.

Nice one Pete. Wallpaper paste and rabbit food doesn't do it for me either especially in Canada where they do a tasty steak!:p
Yes, I found a brilliant Steak House on my wanderings, they would let you watch the chefs cooking the meat, expensive, but very nice thank you.

went to a pasta farm once. it's so cruel. the poor little pastas are forced to grow round weird shaped sticks to make them grow into strange shapes, then when they reach maturity, they are chopped into little pieces with no anaesthaetic.

Me, I love parstar and rabbit food. You plebs should of insisted on some spag bole (not proper Itai) if you wanted some animal protein.

Me, I love parstar and rabbit food. You plebs should of insisted on some spag bole (not proper Itai) if you wanted some animal protein.
No Middy you have it all wrong, Pasta, just a bowl of long stringy white stuff, no sauce, or meat, just congealed wallpaper paste, like a bowl of fishing bait only it didn't wriggle, just sat there waiting for someone to dig a spoon in it, looked like a night of to much booze, steamy and luke warm, nothing at all like Spag Bol I can handle that muck no worries.

Arrh, you mean this stuff;

Working away from home and eating out upload_2018-8-31_9-50-53 - EletriciansForums.net

went to a pasta farm once. it's so cruel. the poor little pastas are forced to grow round weird shaped sticks to make them grow into strange shapes, then when they reach maturity, they are chopped into little pieces with no anaesthaetic.
And there was I thing Pasta was made from flour and water, still you live and learn, thanks Tel, for those words of utter Bulls--t

Crab ravioli; yum.

Incidentally, have tried unsuccessfully many times to make pasta. Apparently its very easy. :confused:

Reply to Working away from home and eating out in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock