Discuss Working away from home and eating out in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

garlic and red wine i understand. is tagliatelle a form of bar billiards in Italy?

And some people say that electricians aren't cultured.

Whats wrong with chips and beans? ( that's crinkle cut chips and Heinz baked beans.... see, jocks can be posh too)
And for protein, a sausage roll.
Not from Greggs though... has to be the local bakers finest

[QUOTE=" is tagliatelle a form of bar billiards in Italy?[/QUOTE/]

No it is hide and seek in the TV room. :)[/QUOTE]

Went to Stockholm last year...crap food, very expensive. Went for a walk near the hotel and found not 1 but 4 tapas bars...sorted!

what the FFFs are tapas bars? is it chinese fake mars bars?

No Tel...it's where you go when you want some male attention...if someone fancies you they head for the loo, and as they pass by your stool (ooh err, missus!) they "tap your ---"...
Mr Michael had a problem with that, cos a man he "tapassed" ended up in hospital with a chocolate bar up his bum...when questioned, Mr George said it was just a Careless Wispa

No Tel...it's where you go when you want some male attention...if someone fancies you they head for the loo, and as they pass by your stool (ooh err, missus!) they "tap your ---"...
Mr Michael had a problem with that, cos a man he "tapassed" ended up in hospital with a chocolate bar up his bum...when questioned, Mr George said it was just a Careless Wispa
Good job it wasn't Snickers bar, especially if you had a nut allergy, crikey just imagine one of those stuck up yer rear end, hard to digest those peanuts. Or a Crunchie bar, all them bubbles would play havoc with your social life.

Very true, Pete....a friend told me that!
Mind you, remember Patrick Moore, the astronomer guy...he always said he was a fraud...couldn't tell Mars from me elbow

Aye, remember Billy Connolly:
"Toblerone? WTF that all about? A sweetie that hurts you!"
Many years ago I started a thread on another forum about Mars Bars, how do you eat yours?...
It got closed down after a short while...too many references to Marianne Faithfull, allegedly

brings a whole new meaning to a Cadbury's Chocolate Finger...
or the song about a Finger Of Fudge...

Bet Mr George could.
Just remembered another story from my travels if you are interested, The former Soviet Union, just prior to Perestroika and Glasnost. Went with 3 other lads as a sort of scouting party, booked into the Hotel, and because I had been posted there previously, and could speak pigeon Russian, I had become a sort of tour guide, crikey imagine that?
Anyhow ends up at one of the pedestrian areas looking for somewhere to eat, not many Restaurants about in those days, at least none you would want to take your Wife to.
Ends up at this little place, couple of Local Lads drinking there, and did we want any help reading the Menu, no thanks think we can manage.
Turns out you could have Fish or Biff (steak) and believe me after ,Chernobyl leave the Fish alone, Mick the largest of our party was starving, and we had all decided on Biff, is it Big says Mick and can we have chips, oh yes very big and you can have Pomme Frittes, WTF are Pomme Frittes Mick says, don't worry Mick that's Frog for Chips, anyhow the Biff may have been big before Matey had cut it into 4, Mick was no a happy chappy, never trusted me to order the food for a long time.

Holidayed in France a couple years back. Went to a family type restaurant and tried to read the menu. (It was ok, there was pictures)
My wife recognised the French word for goat near a picture of a burger.
"Have that" she says... "Its goats cheese on that"

Fine... Ordered the meal... kids had cheese and ham toasties under a fancy name, wife had a seafoody thing and I got my burger with goats cheese.
Didn't taste like goats cheese.
In fact, the burger didn't taste of beef.

Goat burger is actually quite nice

Holidayed in France a couple years back. Went to a family type restaurant and tried to read the menu. (It was ok, there was pictures)
My wife recognised the French word for goat near a picture of a burger.
"Have that" she says... "Its goats cheese on that"

Fine... Ordered the meal... kids had cheese and ham toasties under a fancy name, wife had a seafoody thing and I got my burger with goats cheese.
Didn't taste like goats cheese.
In fact, the burger didn't taste of beef.

Goat burger is actually quite nice
Just wait until you try Uzbekistan Kebabs, a joy to be avoided.

Reply to Working away from home and eating out in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net