Discuss Working direct and I haven't been paid, need advice. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jayspark

Hi all,

I recently worked direct for a small electrical contractor, I still haven't been paid after nearly 2 months and I don't know what to do. I am having trouble finding out what I can do legally on the net. Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers

Jay

when you sat direct, do you mean subbing or on the cards? if subbing, send a reminder invoice with the note to pay within 14 days or legal action will be considered.

What was the date on your invoice?

Some commercial customers pay 30 days AFTER the end of the month the invoice was received and some pay on 60 days AFTER!! Slow payment is an occupational hazard and you need to build up a cash reserve in your business account to tide you over. Typically you need a months profit IMHO

Get a load of your mates and go and batter him
Oooooh.farmy,was this one of the primary reasons the UN dispensed with your services? My advice is go and speak,not ring,not text,not e-mail,speak.Like humans are meant to. I have done a bit of debt collecting,and my diary proves that you get a LOT more cash with persistence,manners and determination than pain,discomfort and threats. Go and speak to the main dude and DO NOT promise anything that you cannot or will not deliver. You may have to wipe your mouth on this one,but the experience will help you weed out the triers in future. Hope you get some back mate.

Hi all,

I recently worked direct for a small electrical contractor, I still haven't been paid after nearly 2 months and I don't know what to do. I am having trouble finding out what I can do legally on the net. Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers

Jay

Does anyone have any advice you ask???

Well, yes - make damned sure YOU make YOUR Terms of Business crystal clear BEFORE you accept the job.

Make sure you get the punter's acceptance of your terms in WRITING and SIGNED (by punter) BEFORE you start the job.

If punter isn't happy with this, then walk away - quickly - and let them find another mug to screw over!!!

If you can't be sufficiently organised to do this, then you'll forever be pi$$ing in the wind!!

I can't believe the number of times we see this same question being asked - and answered - on this forum,. It's almost as bad as "I've just done a CU change and now the RCD keeps tripping" or "How can I get an electric light to work in my shed??"

Reply to Working direct and I haven't been paid, need advice. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net